OK, I want to 'lose' my goofy 'saddle-strap' crotch strap and install a REAL one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do sell both a 1" and 2" crotch strap for backplates, but you would still have to do something on the front of the BC to make it work.

Good luck...it's always fun to see what folks come up with when they get inventive!!!

We do sell both a 1" and 2" crotch strap for backplates, but you would still have to do something on the front of the BC to make it work.

Good luck...it's always fun to see what folks come up with when they get inventive!!!

....well, the Ranger crotch strap is 1 1/2 inches width......so I can't use a Zeagle one....but Deepoutdoors sells the 1 1/2 inch one, I'm already using that one on 3 other BC's......so I'll install a Deepoutdoors one......plan 'A' will be to offset the Ranger 'fastex' waist buckle a just a little bit off center so I can make sure the 'real' crotch strap replacement will be 'on center'......I've got a local show repair shop that has done some custom sewing for me in the past that I can use to install the new crotch strap where I want......so I think this will work!

Back
Top Bottom