OK, I want to 'lose' my goofy 'saddle-strap' crotch strap and install a REAL one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
...OK, I've got an older (circa 2001-ish) Ranger....with the saddle-strap crotch strap....does ZEAGLE sell an upgrade/mod kit so I can do an OEM version of a 'real' crotch strap...or am I gonna have to get creative and figure out how to do it myself?

...so far, the possible simplist solution is for me to move the fastex buckle a bit 'off center', then maybe buy a 'real' crotch strap pretty much anywhere (I've been using Diverite or Deepoutdoors ones on all my other rigs) and have the 'real' crotch stap mounted in 'my' center waist area......although on all my other rigs, being 'real' tech BC's let me mount both SS buckle AND crotch strap BOTH perfectly 'on center'......

Last edited:
We only offer one style of crotch strap for your Ranger BC. If you want something else, you will probably have to get creative, although I'm not sure it is worth the effort on something that is stored in your back-up/emergency reserve gear closet...

:wink:

Last edited:
Funny you should post this. After spending a week with a "standard" type crotch strap on the express tech, I was wondering how to make a spit style for it. I much prefer spilt saddle style, really don't like having "things" crunched to one side. :)

I don't know if a 'real' crotch strap will work on a 'make believe' bcd like the Ranger.
It might cause a rip in the space time continuum.

j/k

Clearly, you aren't doing it right, Herman.

:)

Ya know Scott, there are just too many comments that come to mind...even more with a dirty mind. :)

I don't know if a 'real' crotch strap will work on a 'make believe' bcd like the Ranger.
It might cause a rip in the space time continuum.

j/k

....I'll admit I really have to think outside the box when I do my gear mods sometimes...I'm sure I've at least bent a few laws of physics..... :)

Funny you should post this. After spending a week with a "standard" type crotch strap on the express tech, I was wondering how to make a spit style for it. I much prefer spilt saddle style, really don't like having "things" crunched to one side. :)

...well, the 'boys' have been diving this way for quite a while now...they're OK with it......:wink:

We only offer one style of crotch strap for your Ranger BC. If you want something else, you will probably have to get creative, although I'm not sure it is worth the effort on something that is stored in your back-up/emergency reserve gear closet...

:wink:

.......Thanks Scott.....no worries.....I have one preliminary 'creative' though.....I'm gonna give that a try and see what I think of it...if I stare at it long/often enough, inspiration will eventually strike. Although it is 'reserve' gear, I still want to standardize it and that saddle strap has been bugging me for a long time now. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom