octo neck bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webediving:
The reason for the bungee on the secondary regulator is not to hand it out! It is for you to be able to find it when your buddy in distress grabs your primary from your mouth. Usually (in a technical rig) you have your primary reg on a 5-7 ft hose and your secondary in a 36-40in hose. The bungee is placed on your secondary (short hose) so that you can find it Not to hand it out! You are suposed to hand out your long hose. Personally (when I am at 200 fsw or more),I want him as far away from me as possible!

If you are diving recreational buy a octo holder and set it up inside the triagle!

T

You and I know that, but some strokes that you may dive with DON'T. That's why you can set it up to pull out.

I found some at a local REI store for .18c a foot in your choice of black or black. I do not know if they sell it at REI.com but itis worth a shot. It is called Shock Cord

Mine's 1/4 inch black bungee.

I bought a 50 foot lenght for next to noithing on ebay. It has a whole lot of other uses as well.

Yes I got my cord at REI and made the setup. I put my primary reg on a 40 in yellow hose and did my AOW this way last weekend. My dive instructor asked me what kind of setup and why the reason. He only shrugged is shoulders. He also said he thought my prim hose stuck to far out.Hell it is only a 40 in hose

dannobee:
You and I know that, but some strokes that you may dive with DON'T. That's why you can set it up to pull out.

Thanks Dannobee,

First of all I do not dive a Tek setup in a Recreational enviroment. I would like to see a Tek/Rec Diver trying to pull my primary reg from my neck (there will be a fight!). I always use a Recreational set up with the Octo in the octo holder when I teach a recreational class.

Second In a Tek enviroment my buddy as well as I are very familiar with each other equipment and set-up. Not doing so can and will get you kill down there! (By the way I do not dive Tek with any "Strokes" they are equal or better qualified than I.)

Third You need to be very familiar with a Tek set up. Learn to dive it Safe and use it correctly. Do not go bungee everything up just because it looks COOL. Educate people correctly in why and how to use equipment. This can only help our cause.

Dive Safe! :D
T
Dive Silent Dive Deep

I also use the surgical tubing with zap straps. I like it better then bungie because if someone grabs it, it won't snap back and nail me in the throat. With that being said I have never used bungie for anything other then tying down motorcycles.

Hey I asked the same question a few weeks ago. If you search my other postings you'll find it, someone posted a great picture on how to set it up. As far as bungee goes if you just want to order it go to www.wreckdiversupply.com and you'll find it for .50 cents a foot.

amascuba:
You want it to give way if somebody grabs it or it gets entangled.

Actually, you want it to *not* give away. That regulator is *your* backup and no one elses. Their regulator is the one in your mouth. By keeping the necklace short, there is virtually no possibility of it getting entangled in anything. The last thing you want is for it to give way without your knowledge and have it not be there when you need it, which is a far greater risk than it getting entangled or having some fool come over to you and try to grab it when there is a regulator with bubbles coming out of it 2 inches north.

I'm looking at a 24" hose for my bungee backup. If someone tried to grab it and pull they wouldn't get very far.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom