octo neck bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought about doing away with it all together and go with an Air2 .This would give me 3 hoses instead of 4.Being a little bit more streamline and less clutter. This why I started really asking about this setup in the first place

I would not consider an Air2 to be either streamlined or have less clutter.

It is a big clunky thing hanging (dangling) on the end of my inflator hose instead of being tucked away under my neck until needed. Needless to say, I like my bungeed backup. :)

radinator:
I would not consider an Air2 to be either streamlined or have less clutter.

It is a big clunky thing hanging (dangling) on the end of my inflator hose instead of being tucked away under my neck until needed. Needless to say, I like my bungeed backup. :)
With my Octo already bungeed and running under my right arm. My AOW instructor this weekend said my 40 in primary hose stuck out to far. I'm thinking about running this under my right arm also. I just added a 360 degree swival to it so I should think it would work ok. But that would give me two hoses under my right arm. Any problem doing that???

I have my octo on a std length hose going over my right shoulder & bungeed. My primary is on a 44 inch hose, routed under my arm to a 120 swivel on the 2nd.

From my perspective you don't want to have both hoses routed under an arm. It increases the chances of tangling and then decreases your chances of successfully donating your primary. In the standard Hogarthian configuration you will route your primary under your arm and backup over your right shoulder. Should you start diving doubles you will likely do it this way as well. Why would you want to learn it later instead of doing it this way from the start?

Please see the attached photo taken today by Uncle Pug. This picture shows the bungied backup on a 24" hose, MAN - mask around neck :D, and a 7' primary clipped off and ready to dive.

OE2X:
Please see the attached photo taken today by Uncle Pug. This picture shows the bungied backup on a 24" hose, MAN - mask around neck :D, and a 7' primary clipped off and ready to dive.

You might consider trying a 22" hose (that's what I have on my singles...24" on doubles). The one in that picture really is hanging out there.

Agreed Soggy. For some reason I never got around to putting a 22" hose on this backup set. On my other two sets, I do.

I'm even considering trying a 20-21" hose on my singles setup because of the way the hoses route. The 22" even sticks out further than I would like it (I also need to shorten the bungee):

011_8A.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom