Oceanic geo 2 vs Mares Smart vs Aeries A300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater, what kind of bugs? And is there any reason why they can't fix them?

The first issue I had was that it would not stay on. Press the button to turn on/activate. Just the welcome screen. Then poof. Off.

I'm trying to remember the previous other issues. The most recent issue is where it will turn on, then turn off again, rinse and repeat, over and over, beeping and getting on the few nerves I have left (I'm a little cranky right now, and I think it shows in my tone).

I have my Oceanic Pro 2.1 as my backup (my first dive computer). It is nice and reliable, but doesn't save the same information (such as beginning/ending air pressure) in the logs. But, at least it always works. But I tell you, having a wrist computer with air integrated is SOOOOOO nice. That is a feature I simply will not do without. However, I'm so frustrated by this, I'm tempted to get a non air-integrated wrist computer for the times I have to send this one back. I bought the A300 when they first same out in May of last year. Hope this helps.

The first issue I had was that it would not stay on. Press the button to turn on/activate. Just the welcome screen. Then poof. Off.

I'm trying to remember the previous other issues. The most recent issue is where it will turn on, then turn off again, rinse and repeat, over and over, beeping and getting on the few nerves I have left (I'm a little cranky right now, and I think it shows in my tone).

I have my Oceanic Pro 2.1 as my backup (my first dive computer). It is nice and reliable, but doesn't save the same information (such as beginning/ending air pressure) in the logs. But, at least it always works. But I tell you, having a wrist computer with air integrated is SOOOOOO nice. That is a feature I simply will not do without. However, I'm so frustrated by this, I'm tempted to get a non air-integrated wrist computer for the times I have to send this one back. I bought the A300 when they first same out in May of last year. Hope this helps.

I believe the computer under discussion is the non-AI A300, not the AI A300 CS OLED

I believe the computer under discussion is the non-AI A300, not the AI A300 CS OLED

The one w/ the same feature set as the those in the title but $100 cheaper due to aeris/oceanic merger is not the ai, xt, cs, oled whatever. Those ones are in a different price bracket. As in 3 to 5 times more expensive.

I have not use it enough to say if it is reliable. Just a couple dives. It worked out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom