Ocean Concepts on Oahu - suddenly gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on how to locate scuba equipment from Ocean Concepts? They have several of my scuba tanks for hydro testing now OC is gone and my tanks too. They may be with whoever does the hydro testing but I don't know who that would be. Any contacts or help would be appreciated.

Aloha Adam, I got back from a long vacation and saw they were gone too and had given them my dive watch/computer for battery replacement. If you can pass any information along so i can get my computer back it would be greatly appreciated, Mahalo, Scott

I know this is an old thread but I haven't been on this site in quite a long time so I just now happened upon the thread...

I'm not surprised to hear about the problem you had with the gear being MIA and that you eventually got it back unserviced. I turned in a pair of regs to those SOBs for service and they held onto them for 14 months with one excuse after another about why they weren't done yet (granted, I was gone on military duty for about 8 or 9 months of that time and just had my wife following up for me on my behalf). When I came home for several weeks before returning overseas, I told them to put up or shut up and either give me my serviced regs or pay me the full value of the stuff I had signed over to them. They told me that they had them but that the shop was under rennovation and they would have to meet me at a different location of my choosing. I met the employee I had been dealing with at a coffee shop not too far from the shop and got the regs back but when I got home I realized that the things had never even been touched! Only then did I find out that the store wasn't being rennovated but that they had actually gone out of business. Never got a dime of my money back either.

I don't have a single good thing to say about those sad sacks and I'm not the least bit surprised to hear that they went under after having business practices like that.

Back
Top Bottom