Now PADI gets involved in agency bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, Im pretty sure you are more lame. You must be proud to be an internet legend and one of the voices of hardcore diving on scubaboard. Congrats.

Actually, I would go with 24940.

Whiners are lamer.

Nah, Im pretty sure you are more lame. You must be proud to be an internet legend and one of the voices of hardcore diving on scubaboard. Congrats.

lol

What is this hardcore diving you whine about?

The certifying agency debates reminds me of the Harley Davidson vs anything else vs Harley Davidson debates. I've owned several different makes over the years, rode a couple hundred thousand miles on non-Harleys and finally bought into the Harley club. Nice bike, great sound, I'm selling it. No longer want to be part of the club. There are a lot of great people riding them, but there are also too many idiots on Harleys that believe the bike makes them a better rider than the skills they actually possess.

There's a line in the book "The Great Santini." It goes "he has the quiet confidence of a man who believes in himself and doesn't need any structure to reinforce that belief." When it comes to scuba, take what you learn from where ever you learn it, build on the knowledge, fill in what you know you need based upon your experience/demeanor/interests, and just keep diving. You can give somebody the best training in the world in any endeavor and they can still perform like an idiot if they think that's all they need.

lol

What is this hardcore diving you whine about?

Dammit... there I go again...circling the bait about to bite.

I give in and you can win. I am far more lame and cannot even begin to compete on an internet message board- really dont want to. Have fun in front of the computer, internet champ. :)

Im off to the pool to read and veg.

Nice Pat Conroy reference, Noboundries. I just finished The Water is Wide a few weeks ago. Great stuff.

...and so it begins again....another 15 page thread....

PADI is good!
PADI is bad!
Its the instructor!
Its not the instructor!
Its the standards!
When I was teaching!
Maybe you should teach!
Today's society....!
Black!
White!
Rock!
Hard place!
Unstoppable force!
Object that cant be moved!
Cold h2o!
Warm h2o!
Online!
In person!
Same arguement.
Same position.
New example, same position.
Old example.
Old position.

Blah, blah, blah.... It so freakin lame people. Go dive.

what he said

Buddha'sUnderwaterEnlightened

I LOVE it, I want my

KarmaPlanner Software

Blah, blah, blah.... It so freakin lame people. Go dive.
If I wasnt at work, it wasnt snowing and the lake wasnt still covered by a foot of ice, I would...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom