Now PADI gets involved in agency bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh my...what did I just wander into? /PADI OWSI and proud of it... //*ducks* :)

Same here.....I can't believe I just read all of these posts. With that much reading you'd think one would gain some sort of higher knowledge? All I see is a bunch of bored, lonely, and self centered computer nerds. Reminds me of a modern day version of 2 old geezers outside the towns 5 and dime store spiting and complaining about how bad the youth has become. Kinda like those who blog about everything but does nothing. I'm off to go get wet and blow some bubbles now suckas!! :mooner:

Same here.....I can't believe I just read all of these posts. With that much reading you'd think one would gain some sort of higher knowledge? All I see is a bunch of bored, lonely, and self centered computer nerds. Reminds me of a modern day version of 2 old geezers outside the towns 5 and dime store spiting and complaining about how bad the youth has become. Kinda like thos:mooner:e who blog about everything but does nothing. I'm off to go get wet and blow some bubbles now suckas!!

You do realize the net contribution of your post does not surpass those you are criticizing? Nothing wrong with hypocrisy on the internet, I guess.

The certifying agency debates reminds me of the Harley Davidson vs anything else vs Harley Davidson debates. I've owned several different makes over the years, rode a couple hundred thousand miles on non-Harleys and finally bought into the Harley club. Nice bike, great sound, I'm selling it. No longer want to be part of the club. There are a lot of great people riding them, but there are also too many idiots on Harleys that believe the bike makes them a better rider than the skills they actually possess.

There's a line in the book "The Great Santini." It goes "he has the quiet confidence of a man who believes in himself and doesn't need any structure to reinforce that belief." When it comes to scuba, take what you learn from where ever you learn it, build on the knowledge, fill in what you know you need based upon your experience/demeanor/interests, and just keep diving. You can give somebody the best training in the world in any endeavor and they can still perform like an idiot if they think that's all they need.

Well said!
thumb.gif

I still get lured in to read these debates. I enjoy them like a good:catfight:.

:D :coffee:

You do realize the net contribution of your post does not surpass those you are criticizing? Nothing wrong with hypocrisy on the internet, I guess.

Removed my post, because I've not been here long enough to question the big boys. You'll be able to see what I posted in the few that have Quoted my original post. I was questioning why someone would belittle another member of this forum. But apparently, I'm still a NOOB and shouldn't be involving myself in such discussions.

Why is it, you feel the need to attack every person who posts on this thread? Do you actually dive, or do you just sit at yer computer all day picking on people because you have nothing better to do? Either that, or you just happen to be one really unhappy person, maybe living a life you didn't want to live?

Now I can understand if people were posting messages... well, like you. But you seem to attack anyone that doesn't think like...YOU. Oh, wait.. I guess you're going to attack me now. Oh no, I might have to waste more time, trying to come up with some witty defense to your impending ridicule. Hmm... nah, think I'll get out into the nice weather and have some fun. Enjoy your bag of chips and internet connection. :shakehead:

Cheers.
I gotta tell you son, I suggest that you back off a bit, at least till you've got a handle on the issues and have bothered to fill out your profile. You've not been here long enough to start messing with the big boys quite yet. All in good time, all in good time.

I gotta tell you son, I suggest that you back off a bit, at least till you've got a handle on the issues and have bothered to fill out your profile. You've not been here long enough to start messing with the big boys quite yet. All in good time, all in good time.

Please allow me to publicly retract my earlier post. Since I'm a nobody and not justified in questioning the actions of those who have been diving longer than I. I stand corrected. 24940 is right, I'm wrong. I won't ever question anything again, at least until I fill out my profile. :crafty:

Thanks for the pep-talk Thalassamania.

Your best post ever. Thanks for making my day, "big boy." Priceless.

Glad I could help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom