Now PADI gets involved in agency bashing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim:
No kidding. I fail to see why everyone tries to villify PADI constantly. Sure, they try to nickel and dime you as much as possible with all the different certifications, but you know what, they're a business and businesses are out there to make money.

Totally unrelated to the topic at hand and not true. Businesses are expected to make money. No one faults PADI for making a profit.

...and so it begins again....another 15 page thread....

PADI is good!
PADI is bad!
Its the instructor!
Its not the instructor!
Its the standards!
When I was teaching!
Maybe you should teach!
Today's society....!
Black!
White!
Rock!
Hard place!
Unstoppable force!
Object that cant be moved!
Cold h2o!
Warm h2o!
Online!
In person!
Same arguement.
Same position.
New example, same position.
Old example.
Old position.

Blah, blah, blah.... It so freakin lame people. Go dive.

Would love to, however 50mph winds again scheduled all week so my 100% failure rate for sea diving in 2008 continues.
Need something to do instead.

PADI is good!
PADI is bad!
Its the instructor!
Its not the instructor!
Its the standards!
When I was teaching!
Maybe you should teach!
Today's society....!
Black!
White!
Rock!
Hard place!
Unstoppable force!
Object that cant be moved!
Cold h2o!
Warm h2o!
Online!
In person!
Same arguement.
Same position.
New example, same position.
Old example.
Old position.

I wish I could summarize, condense, and conclude arguments with my wife in such a manner.

"Hello pot."
"Hello kettle."
"Hey kettle. I do believe you are black."

Who is lamer, the people engaging in the topic or the person who spends their time whining about the people engaging in the topic? Why don't you stop whining and follow your own advice?

Maybe you would prefer a board like this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sacrate/

Now that we have inflicted our own off topic opinions on the thread, what will the net gain be for our efforts? Yeah, I'd have to agree.... pretty lame.

Would love to, however 50mph winds again scheduled all week so my 100% failure rate for sea diving in 2008 continues.
Need something to do instead.

Dear god! It may not be tropical diving but hearing that... I'm loving the fact that I live in California right now!!

Who is lamer, the people engaging in the topic or the person who spends their time whining about the people engaging in the topic? Why don't you stop whining and follow your own advice?

Maybe you would prefer a board like this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sacrate/

Now that we have inflicted our own off topic opinions on the thread, what will the net gain be for our efforts? Yeah, I'd have to agree.... pretty lame.

Nah, Im pretty sure you are more lame. You must be proud to be an internet legend and one of the voices of hardcore diving on scubaboard. Congrats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom