Now, I have to ask. A new stroke poll....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, that's a riot when you see someone do it in 40F water. Imagine the worst blood curdling scream that could come out of a guy's lungs. It's comparable to some kind of Bugs Bunny cartoon or something. It hasn't happened to me yet, but if it does, there will be no shortage of laughter from my buddies. Sympathy is in short supply up here and what goes around, comes around.

:D

Mike

Hey Mike ,

I agree they do get punctured although my bouyancy skills are pretty damn good and only have had to cuts in 2 years but I do use 3 finger mitts when water hits 40 F..:)

So basically I agree with you guys..

Len

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Oh man, that's a riot when you see someone do it in 40F water. Imagine the worst blood curdling scream that could come out of a guy's lungs.
I haven't jump in with my suit unzipped but I did jump in with my neck ring in (it holds the neck seal open) and my buddy jumped in with his unisuit unzipped (they zip down the front & up the back through the crotch.)

We had just gotten back on the boat from our dive when one of the guys spotted three grays coming right at us.... without thinking we jump in.... after the shouting was over and stuff was zipped up we swam out to be with them and didn't even notice the cold... :D

Len,
the context of the reference is that if you have taken a GUE class in my neck of the woods - you suffer from paranoia, because the last thing you would see was a hint of blue gloves before your gas got shut of or your mask took a hike...

The definition of a stroke was given to me by one of the premier blue glove snipers...

Most people around here dives those gloves as well.

On that note - I wonder - has anyone ever dipped the fingers in - say tool dip or something? to make them more durable?

Big T

Originally posted by WetDane

On that note - I wonder - has anyone ever dipped the fingers in - say tool dip or something? to make them more durable?

If you don't touch things durability is not a problem :wink:

Dang -
You must be BAD at dipping... I ever only get begged for more...

See UP - now there is reason for durability!
Big T

Big T....
Back in our pre-blueglove days one of my buds used tool dip on his neprene gloves..... worked real good....

course he couldn't bend his fingers.... gotta be careful how deep you dip them....

I suggest that if you are going to dip your bluegloves you just dip the tips of the fingers ...

Be sure to use bright yellow for a pleasing effect...

Do you use finger touches to control your buoyancy and trim by poking stuff and pushing off... :wink:

Zebra mussels will tear up a set of neoprene gloves in just a couple seasons. I now use five finger gloves with Kevlar. Digging around inside wrecks with zebra mussels doesn't phase these gloves.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom