Over 75 and I am not allowed to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I expect that most of older folks get at least an annual checkup from our PCP; getting him to sign that form is trivial, so I just carry a copy with me when traveling.
If one is concerned about privacy, just take the signature page.
Good idea, thanks.

I dove with Tradewinds to the BVI's last year and although they do not require the UHMS Medical Questionnaire....... for anyone over 65, they do require a letter from your PCP stating that you are cleared to dive. I talked with my PCP about that and we both laughed and agreed that no doctor in their right mind would ever make that statement. Instead, my letter, signed on on his letterhead and electronically filed in My Chart states as follows:

"As his Primary Care Physician _____________________________________ is under my care. He is generally in good health and I am not aware of any contraindications to him participating in recreational scuba diving activities."

I dove with Tradewinds to the BVI's last year and although they do not require the UHMS Medical Questionnaire....... for anyone over 65, they do require a letter from your PCP stating that you are cleared to dive. I talked with my PCP about that and we both laughed and agreed that no doctor in their right mind would ever make that statement. Instead, my letter, signed on on his letterhead and electronically filed in My Chart states as follows:

"As his Primary Care Physician _____________________________________ is under my care. He is generally in good health and I am not aware of any contraindications to him participating in recreational scuba diving activities."
All the form has a a box to check that says:
Approved – I find no conditions that I consider incompatible with recreational scuba diving or freediving.

None of my PCPs have found that onerous to sign.

I know DAN will cover me, I am referring to the companies who take divers out in their boat, supply air,etc.
never heard of such a thing, just got back from Cuba, diving at 72, dove a couple of years ago with a 85 year old

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom