Over 75 and I am not allowed to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just don't dive in the US. Seems to be too much of a hassle for a marginal dive experience. Never had any problem with my age (now 75) in Mexico, Honduras, or Indonesia.
"Don't ask. Don't tell." is your best bet.
I've done some great diving in California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Florida. I liked Florida enough that we bought a townhouse there a dozen years ago. It allows me to dive much more often than if I relied only on my international travels.

I just don't dive in the US. Seems to be too much of a hassle for a marginal dive experience. Never had any problem with my age (now 75) in Mexico, Honduras, or Indonesia.
"Don't ask. Don't tell." is your best bet.
I am confused about this post. Aren't we talking about a problem that was supposedly encountered in Mexico?

I have only been 70 since last January, age has not been an issue for me to date.
LOL. I have 13 years of experience at being over 70, and since then I've dived once or more in St Kitts, Saba, USA, Bonaire, Bahamas, Fiji, Mexico, Turks&Caicos, Roatan, Philippines, Dominica, Guam, Rota, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Bequia, Indonesia, Statia, Palau, St Lucia, Raja Ampat, Belize, Egypt, BVI, and Thailand. Only in Grand Cayman as the age kisue even arisen, and the signed UHMS Medical Questionnaire solved that problem.

Only in Grand Cayman as the age kisue even arisen, and the signed UHMS Medical Questionnaire solved that problem.
I think there's a lot of folks who either don't like the UHMS form as being an invasion of their privacy..... or it gets sprung on them unexpectedly and can ruin a trip.......so they go ahead and just lie on it.

I think most dive ops don't really care as long as they get the required info completed, a signature and a credit card.

I think there's a lot of folks who either don't like the UHMS form as being an invasion of their privacy..... or it gets sprung on them unexpectedly and can ruin a trip.......so they go ahead and just lie on it.

I think most dive ops don't really care as long as they get the required info completed, a signature and a credit card.
I expect that most of older folks get at least an annual checkup from our PCP; getting him to sign that form is trivial, so I just carry a copy with me when traveling.
If one is concerned about privacy, just take the signature page.

Most places I have been diving the most important card is the VISA.

And I will ask again. Can you name the specific dive company that refused to allow diving due to age?

Thanks!
I will have the n,
Can you disclose which dive op refused?

I dived in Cabo in 2022 at age 72.

Thanks!
Jim, my friend says it was Cabo Adventures and another with the name viste in it. The second limited after 75, the first she believes was 70. I still feel like I m 40! That should count for something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom