Now, I have to ask. A new stroke poll....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimholcomb

Reaction score
I can't help it - I gotta ask. My participation in this forum began with a post asking folks if they were a stroke. There have been several threads spin off of it and a lot of discussion take place since then. I think through these discussions people have realized what a true stroke is. NOW, who still thinks they are a stroke? No debate - just yes or no.

defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. As I understand as best as you guys can splain things and STILL don't do it your way... I guess I am a stroke. Given real instruction, I might be persuaded otherwise, but I doubt it.

Isn't a stoke something that is decided by others.
Generaly it is name calling to call someone a stroke.

as a matter of fact I would put it up there with calling someone a nigg**.

The definition is understood but not appreciated.

Maybe I still don't understand the definition, is it something like a circle jerk.

Sorry Jim for not providing a simple yes or no.

I'm not a stroke.

Nope, still trying to learn.

Net... That thought has been going thru my head alot lately. About insanity... Along with..

Banging your head against a wall burns 120 calories and hour :banging:

Aqua, I like your quote.

Tom

Originally posted by jimholcomb
I can't help it - I gotta ask.>snip< NOW, who still thinks they are a stroke? No debate - just yes or no.
What is a stroke, Jim?
Rick

You know your a stroke if....

You dive bondage (bungee wings).

You don't dive a long hose (7' or 5') as your primary reg.

You dive with stages on both sides of you.

You still have metal to metal connections on anything (stages, bolt snaps, quicklinks,...)

You dive with people who match these descriptions.

Your a stroke if you don't dive DIR. You either dive DIR or not. You can not dive DIR half way. Its all or nothing.

Sounds harsh, but in DIR diving everything is accomplished/configured a particular way for a reason.

Add to that if you need a helmet to save your head :banging:
you might be a stroke!

If you need manifold guards, you might be a stroke!

Excellent bouyancy and trim, and basically knowing what you are doing will take care of both.

If you look like you fell in a box of hoses and they are running every which way...... YOU might be a stroke!

And finally......:band: (drum Role please)

If you have to ask what a stroke is you most likely are one!

But alas never fear it is never too late to change.

:wiz:
D.I.R.Lizard

D.I.R. is more than a name,it's a philosophy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom