Nordic Blue Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just received spam email from a company called Nordic Blue, and the product intrigues me. The web page is at About Dry Gloves | Nordic Blue Dry Gloves. Has anybody ever seen these gloves or know anybody with experience with them? I do like dry gloves, but I do not like the DUI system. It's just too difficult to get dressed when the gloves are attached to the suit. So I wonder if this might be a workable alternative.

Nordic Blue is a swedish company that makes dry gloves, they've been around for about 20 years; they were off the market for a while but based on what you got looks like they're back. I know they sold mostly to suppliers/wholesalers in the past, might have to ping them to see if they sell to individuals too now. I got some in germany 7 years ago, still use them today; they're pretty easy to put on, you can search youtube, something like nordic blue dry gloves...

Subscribed.

Anyone sell these locally?

Nordic Blue is a swedish company that makes dry gloves, they've been around for about 20 years; they were off the market for a while but based on what you got looks like they're back. I know they sold mostly to suppliers/wholesalers in the past, might have to ping them to see if they sell to individuals too now. I got some in germany 7 years ago, still use them today; they're pretty easy to put on, you can search youtube, something like nordic blue dry gloves...
Many thanks for the response. There's nothing like personal experience for a recommendation.

Playing around on their web page, I did find a shopping basked where it looked like you could order a pair. I tried it (the cost is 19 euros), but the feature didn't seem to work. Maybe I should just send them email. From what you said, I'm willing to gamble with 19 euros.

Be sure and let us know what you find out. If you try them, tell us what you think. They look really interesting.

Yes, let us know what you find. Diving Concepts sent me the wrong dry gloves and then promptly went out of business. Since the gloves they sent me won't match up to the rings on my drysuit I'm without anything that will work. I'm assuming I will have to change my entire ring system to something like SiTech but it would be great if I can avoid it. This sounds like a possible option.

It is essentially an Atlas 465 with a seal glued onto it. I had a similar pair a long time ago, and didn't find them nearly as advantageous as the Viking ring system. Personally I was always worried about rubbing them wrong and creating a leak in a fold etc.

I own the Viking system, the round SI Tech system, and currently have the Antares system installed on my suit. Of all that I have used the Viking is my favorite system, except they do not allow for a changeable wrist system. Then again I broke both my silicon wrist seals fairly quickly and am going to stick with latex at the wrist from now on. The Antares might be getting removed soon as I am not happy with them.

Many thanks for the response. There's nothing like personal experience for a recommendation.

Playing around on their web page, I did find a shopping basked where it looked like you could order a pair. I tried it (the cost is 19 euros), but the feature didn't seem to work. Maybe I should just send them email. From what you said, I'm willing to gamble with 19 euros.

I just tried their cart, seems to work best on internet explorer, or firefox, seems to be a delay on chrome. Not having any other issues though, and where there's a lag on chrome, clicking on checkout in the top menu seems to work... what issue are you having?

Yes, let us know what you find. Diving Concepts sent me the wrong dry gloves and then promptly went out of business. Since the gloves they sent me won't match up to the rings on my drysuit I'm without anything that will work. I'm assuming I will have to change my entire ring system to something like SiTech but it would be great if I can avoid it. This sounds like a possible option.
Actually, any blue gloves will work with the DC rings. The key is whether you still have the rings so you can mount the gloves on them. It isn't easy, and I always have to use a couple of small C-clamps to walk the big o-ring around when I install the gloves, but it is quite doable. You should be able to get new blue gloves from any SITech dealer, for example. They call them "froggie" gloves in the price list, and they are not expensive.

Couldn't order with Chrome or IE---used their alternate order form & am waiting to hear back.

Their product chart is a bit confusing vis-à-vis product number to picture correlation, but the order page (if/when you find it) is clear. I hope their sizing is accurate---I'm rarely a medium anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom