Nordic Blue Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, any blue gloves will work with the DC rings. The key is whether you still have the rings so you can mount the gloves on them. It isn't easy, and I always have to use a couple of small C-clamps to walk the big o-ring around when I install the gloves, but it is quite doable. You should be able to get new blue gloves from any SITech dealer, for example. They call them "froggie" gloves in the price list, and they are not expensive.
They sent the wrong rings, which don't match up to the quick-change wrist rings. ( also DC). There is a system that uses the wrist rings but they sent me the wrong one.
I may see if there's a way to use the DC wrist rings that I have with the gloves/rings that they sent me, or try to find new rings to go with.
The blue gloves that they sent are fine, its the rings that don't work.
If you know how to work around that, I'd love to have an option that doesn't involve spending a bunch more money than I a
already have.
Thanks!

They sent the wrong rings, which don't match up to the quick-change wrist rings. ( also DC). There is a system that uses the wrist rings but they sent me the wrong one.
I may see if there's a way to use the DC wrist rings that I have with the gloves/rings that they sent me, or try to find new rings to go with.
The blue gloves that they sent are fine, its the rings that don't work.
If you know how to work around that, I'd love to have an option that doesn't involve spending a bunch more money than I a
already have.
Thanks!
I would have to see what you have in order to know what to do. If you're really in Arizona, that's going to be difficult. But if you're in the Monterey area, I could meet you at Aquarius Dive Shop in Monterey (on Del Monte) early next Saturday and maybe we could figure something out. When I owned Aquarius, we sold DC suits so I am very familiar with their rings. When I sold the shop, there were a few spare DC parts in the inventory so we might be able to come up with something. I'm meeting a bunch of people there at 8 next Saturday to do some training, but could come down earlier if you want to meet. Probably the easiest way to connect is via email. You can reach me at aquariusds@sbcglobal.net.

Bruce

Bruce, i had Nordic Blue gloves, they are simply atlas gloves with cone wristseals glued on em. they work ok, remember you can not equalize them.
best system so far is old viking rings.

Couldn't order with Chrome or IE---used their alternate order form & am waiting to hear back.

Their product chart is a bit confusing vis-à-vis product number to picture correlation, but the order page (if/when you find it) is clear. I hope their sizing is accurate---I'm rarely a medium anything.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. Nordic Blue would love to help you out and get you into some good dry gloves so
- Thanks for letting us know the product chart is confusing, we will do our best to fix this
- Please let us know what your issue was when trying to order so we can fix it and make it more convenient in future
- And last but not least, we would like to let everyone know we are just coming back on the market and we are selling mostly to resellers. We will sell to individuals but only in quantity to keep shipping reasonable. Our current shipper's prices are most reasonable when shipping multiples of 10 items; so we can and will sell in smaller quantities but shipping costs will be higher per pair. Once we have a good spread of resellers in your area we will post here and on our website the easiest and cheapest way for individuals to get their hands on Nordic Blue dry gloves.

Thank you all for your interest, and Stay Warm in the cold blue with Nordic Blue!

Bruce, i had Nordic Blue gloves, they are simply atlas gloves with cone wristseals glued on em. they work ok, remember you can not equalize them.
best system so far is old viking rings.

I still have Nordic Blue gloves, mine don't have the seals glued on so you can cut and adjust them; and I never had any trouble equalizing them with the suit, just takes a flick of the wrist...

:) some people can do cartwheel too :)

I used to have a set of lined dry gloves with a latex seal that went over my Viking latex wrist seal. They compressed, but not uncomfortably, and I could vent air from the suit into the glove by moving my hand so the inner wrist tendons compromised the seal a bit.

If I read it correctly, the Nordic Blue glove liner extends from the hand to inside the suit, under the suits latex wrist seal, to provide a vent path. Worth a try, IMHO, if I can actually find a way to buy them.

I used to have a set of lined dry gloves with a latex seal that went over my Viking latex wrist seal. They compressed, but not uncomfortably, and I could vent air from the suit into the glove by moving my hand so the inner wrist tendons compromised the seal a bit.

If I read it correctly, the Nordic Blue glove liner extends from the hand to inside the suit, under the suits latex wrist seal, to provide a vent path. Worth a try, IMHO, if I can actually find a way to buy them.

I am going to try that with my existing glove set-up.....and FTR I could not see prices nor a shopping cart or basket anywhere on the website. No prices either.

I am going to try that with my existing glove set-up.....and FTR I could not see prices nor a shopping cart or basket anywhere on the website. No prices either.

Go to their products page and click on the I am a reseller button. That will take you to their store---it wouldn't work for me, but that's a different question.

---------- Post added September 9th, 2013 at 12:22 PM ----------

Cool, thanks, that's more-or-less what I had before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom