new world's depth record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the problem with the new deep record is that not that interesting to me, I was really impressed by John Bennett dive to a 1000ft. That because he was the first one there, 1031,1064,1081 ft etc doesn't do it for me, 1500 or 2000ft now that would be good. I'm just happy Gomes made it back alive. Now all we have to wait for is the next new record, I don't think we'll have to wait too long.

DiveGolfSki:
Wow!! :11: Does anyone know what kind of mix he had or speculate what he should have?

For a 318 meter dive, and 1.4 pp02 max exposure, he'd be using something like 4.3/86 trimix as a bottom gas. (With a EAD of 30 metres).

E:)

Gulp, and I thought 182 ft was deep. You'll never see me trying anything like this, but I'm glad to see he's in his 50's rather than 20's! Us old farts can still do a thing or two.

So much for the adage:

"There are old divers, and there are bold divers. But there are no old, bold divers."

35 tanks of gas! 4 on his back, 3 slung, and 28 stage bottles!

50 years old......my wife asks me what im gonna do when I grow up??? I usually say that I am going to retire. Maybe I'll change the answer to "set a new open circuit depth record." Sounds like a plan to me.

You know with all this Gue stuff being the best and all. I would have thought he would have been a DIR guy . By looking at his rig , i would say he was definatly not compliant.

DeepBlueDivers:
South African Nuno Gomes world's deepest scuba diver

DAHAB, Egypt 13 June 2005 South African technical diver Nuno Gomes broke the world deep scuba diving record when he reached a depth of 318.25 meters (1044 feet) in the Red Sea.

for what its worth that record was broken weeks after on aug 2005 by frenchman PASCAL BERNABE to a whopping depth of 330m.

French technical diver, Pascal Bernabe, has set the new deep diving record at 330m; just weeks after South African Nuno Gomes reached 318m in the Egyptian Red Sea. Bernabe broke the record in Corsica on open circuit, with a descent time of less than ten minutes and at a cost of 529 minutes decompression.

The dive on Tuesday was the 41-year-old's fifth attempt at breaking the open circuit deep diving record, which he spent three years preparing for. Dive manufacturer Ralf Tech sponsored the event, which involved a thirty-strong dive team and 12 support divers.

The experienced deep diver completed the dive on trimix, carrying seven cylinders – 20 cylinders were also placed on three decompression lines. According to Ralf Tech, Bernabe is safe and in good health following his 330m dive.

http://www.divemagazine.co.uk/news/article.asp?sp=332298698961334553208&v=2&UAN=2094

terrasmak:
You know with all this Gue stuff being the best and all. I would have thought he would have been a DIR guy . By looking at his rig , i would say he was definatly not compliant.
I could say he wasn't DIR by looking at idea of diving solo.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom