new world's depth record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mossym:
does anyone know what his profile was? i'm jsut wondering at what depth he started deco, and how deep the support divers could go to meet him...
Well, last year when he failed in his attempt the proposed profile was 16 min descent, 24 min ascent to 120m, eleven hours of stops the rest of the way. This one was probably similar.

Yes the dive is very difficult and all but if you are going to claim the record then IMHO you should add at least an atm to that record for good measure. What are we going to have next someone that gets it one foot deeper and calls that the new record. At least out of respect to the deceased past record holder he should have added an atm to it.

Jeez, that's, what 318m, so almost 32 atmospheres, right?

-- You'd suck down a whole tank in, what, 3 or 4 breaths at that depth.
-- You'd better have your nitrogen and oxygen percenteges precisely right(like, say, to two decimal places, i.e. 9.64% O2), seems like it would be very very easy to get into OxTox at that depth, or become overly narc'd.
-- Pulling on that reg, I would imagine, would be like dragging a freight train with your lungs.

wings.jpg

rec3b.jpg

Vie:
Even dive equipment manufactures seem reluctant to sponsor these “world record” dives—for good reasons.

Oops, I stand corrected...

Triple-L is bringing out a Nuno Gomez “Signature Line” of dive gear.

http://www.nunogomes.co.za/

Vie:
Triple-L is bringing out a Nuno Gomez “Signature Line”

Triple who?

:eyebrow:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom