new world's depth record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69:
Has everyone seen the picture of him with a five-cylinder manifolded backpack and more hanging at his sides? Wow!
Well the other pic in that linked article makes him look like a loon, just like the others going that deep all i can say are "they" are made of steel rather than brass or they are all just crazy. :wink:

My planned depth today is almost 50 feet, that's amazing too right?

No rebreather today, back to open circuit. :)

I'd love to see a photo of Gomes's setup. I just did a search and came up empty.

His picture makes him look perpetually narced. :11ztongue Slightly off topic, but does anybody know how deep you have to go before the surface disappears (assuming a sunny day)?

liberato:
does anybody know how deep you have to go before the surface disappears (assuming a sunny day)?

Depends on the viz, I've lost it in less than 5 feet.

does anyone know what his profile was? i'm jsut wondering at what depth he started deco, and how deep the support divers could go to meet him...

BigJetDriver69:
Has everyone seen the picture of him with a five-cylinder manifolded backpack and more hanging at his sides? Wow!

Rob

wheres the PIC? The pic of him in the above URL is of him on land.

simbrooks:
Well the other pic in that linked article makes him look like a loon...

yeah he looks like that dude Do from the heaven's gate cult. The ones that committed suicide so that they could catch the spaceship following the halle-bopp comet. maybe he thought there was a spaceship below 1000ft? Wacky. Interesting, but i don't see the point.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom