new world's depth record

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal:
I could say he wasn't DIR by looking at idea of diving solo.

That depth with a buddy wouldn't be very dir though. Don't think you'd be able to be of much assistance to your buddy, should he get in trouble at 300 metres...

E:)

terrasmak:
You know with all this Gue stuff being the best and all. I would have thought he would have been a DIR guy . By looking at his rig , i would say he was definatly not compliant.

:lol3:

This stuff has got to be the most non-DIR thing I could think of.

A one-off, maybe I'll come back maybe I won't, zamikazi solo depth record......LOL

Don't hold your breath waiting for George to show up...he called it at the dock :D

LOL

YMMV.

Regards

So close only 2 meters left on the wieghted line...........

terrasmak:
You know with all this Gue stuff being the best and all. I would have thought he would have been a DIR guy . By looking at his rig , i would say he was definatly not compliant.
He took the gear required for the Dive, what has DIR got to do with this type of dive?

jetfixer:
yeah he looks like that dude Do from the heaven's gate cult. The ones that committed suicide so that they could catch the spaceship following the halle-bopp comet. maybe he thought there was a spaceship below 1000ft? Wacky. Interesting, but i don't see the point.

Yup, that's the inherent dangers of getting narced at 1000 feet. You have this perma-s#!t-eating grin plastered to your face for the rest of your life.

The .25 cracks me up tho... c'mon.. they couldn't round it off? lol.. how hot would he be when the next guy does. .26... lol

D.

I *AM* curious what regs he was using tho... also what computer(s)...

I hate to say this, but going that deep...is like....does anyone really CARE? It's so pathetically stupid, IMHO.
What does it prove? Nothing, other that him being an idiot.

Him going that deep plus $1.50 would get him a cup of coffee.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is there a theoretical scuba depth limit? And if there is a theoretical limit... aren't all these depth-setting heroes just wasting their time with interim records?

Anyone want to take a stab at what the maximum depth for a scuba diver is? (One who lives to tell about it, that is.)

SparticleBrane:
I hate to say this, but going that deep...is like....does anyone really CARE? It's so pathetically stupid, IMHO.

People used to say that about 200 feet. Imagine all of the stuff that would be off limits if people didn't push those limits .....
It's not for everyone but the choice to make the dive is his choice to make and it doesn't make him pathetic or an idiot. It is what it is.

SparticleBrane:

Yeah... Shame on those who enjoy pushing their limits...

Hold on, limits are there to be broken. Besides, he isn't forcing you to take the dive with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom