New Heart Rate Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you're feeling great, having fun, and your contraption is telling you that you currently have zero heartbeats per minute......should you abort the dive?

I just think that there's gotta be a balance between too much or too little technology. I remember when SPG's took the place of J-Valves. Then we got computers to take the place of tables.... WOW..... I still have three awesome 20 year old Palagic computer pucks that work perfectly! As a boater, I also remember when dead reckoning, charts and compass were replaced by Loran C....... and then we got GPS and that was the Cats Pajama's!!!! But what has always stuck with me is that having a basic compass and charts and the knowledge to use them will always be with me if needed.

What I'm getting at is that basic training, instincts and experience are the most important factors in diving......in my humble opinion.

Hey.......maybe someday someone will invent and promote the electric fork so folks don't need to go through the hassle and uncertainty of eating manually. !!!! Just don't put your eye out!

colnlBL.jpg

So if you're feeling great, having fun, and your contraption is telling you that you currently have zero heartbeats per minute......should you abort the dive?

I just think that there's gotta be a balance between too much or too little technology. I remember when SPG's took the place of J-Valves. Then we got computers to take the place of tables.... WOW..... I still have three awesome 20 year old Palagic computer pucks that work perfectly! As a boater, I also remember when dead reckoning, charts and compass were replaced by Loran C....... and then we got GPS and that was the Cats Pajama's!!!! But what has always stuck with me is that having a basic compass and charts and the knowledge to use them will always be with me if needed.

What I'm getting at is that basic training, instincts and experience are the most important factors in diving......in my humble opinion.

Hey.......maybe someday someone will invent and promote the electric fork so folks don't need to go through the hassle and uncertainty of eating manually. !!!! Just don't put your eye out!

colnlBL.jpg
You just almost as old as dirt. Computers are going to take over and replace you so you better get used to it now.

You just almost as old as dirt. Computers are going to take over and replace you so you better get used to it now.
Dude...... I don't have to get used to anything I don't want to get used to.. You on the other-hand are probably better off just joining the matrix so you don't have to think for yourself anymore.

Dude...... I don't have to get used to anything I don't want to get used to.. You on the other-hand are probably better off just joining the matrix so you don't have to think for yourself anymore.

I am in the underground, the resistance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom