Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks Tigerpaw, what Garmin do you have please? I think some of them just give you a reading AFTER you surface, ie retrospectively, and I am after real time monitor..
It is a Garmin Vivoactive 5. You are able to monitor your heart rate real time. Whenever I dive, I set mine to an Open Water mode and it tracks distance swam and the heart rate. You can sync it to your phone as well. When I go back and look I can see an elevated heart rate that corresponds to me gearing up but as soon as I dive it levels back out. Like I had mentioned before, I mainly bought it to measure pool lap data but I fell in love with it and wear it all the time. I don't monitor mine real time, it's actually underneath my wetsuit but I do look at it afterwards.

Also, I know that Garmin also makes dive computers but I am unsure if they have the heart rate function you are looking for. Hope this helps out.

No worries, I should have been clearer - you can reach him at Homepage. (I suspect he's also registered here, but he's pretty reachable via his comments at the main site. If you're unfamiliar with him, but into measuring your HR (or anything else athletic that you do, you're in for a treat. Dude is *thorough*.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom