New Genesis computer - Buhlmann ZHL-16C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackD342

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am happy with the Aqualung and Aeris recreational computers I have used over the years, but I thought this might be of interest to divers that prefer computers running variations of Buhlmann.

Genesis (part of Sherwood) is launching a Centauri wrist unit running Bühlmann ZH-L-16C, at a price point that just shouts "back up computer!" MSRP is just $345, and includes a rechargeable battery and 3 conservative factor settings. Sounds like it arriving stateside any day now.

So, just sharing the word here . But also, if you want to throw some business my way I would be happy to take some pre-orders and submit a "waiting line" order with Sherwood to try and snag any first arrived product I can.

upload_2019-10-3_20-15-59.png

MSRP is very unexciting considering that you can buy a seac-branded ratio for about the same money from spamazon w/ 3-yr 3rd-party warranty. You may get a lemon there but there's no guarantee this one won't have teething problems either.

Why no changeable gf :((hide it under advanced options).

Why no changeable gf :((hide it under advanced options).
How do you know you can’t change the gf? In the fine print of the image above it says “every setting is available to customize.”

The OP says 3 conservative factor settings. I wonder what gfs those translate to.

I haven’t got hold of a manual yet, but there was a little more detail in the catalog. The settings seem to be a simple 1-2-3 conservative factor. And there is a hibernation mode, I assume to conserve battery when you aren’t wearing it as an everyday watch.

In the past Genesis has been a value/price brand for Sherwood, so I don’t expect them to be packing in features for tech or that add significant cost. They didn’t even have a regulator or BCD in the line up this past year, next year will have one of each.

When you get the manual could you post the available gf options (if stated)? Thanks

Looks interesting but they definitely need to put some details up on their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom