New Big Regulator Poll 2003

Which reg do you use and are absolutely sure about you will use it for ever.

• Mares MR12 or MR22 family

Votes: 60 10.8%
  • Aqualung Legend series (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Apeks (A)TX-range: (A)TX40/50/100/200 or DS4

Votes: 156 28.2%
  • Poseidon Cyklon 300/5000 or Jetstream or even the Xstream

Votes: 45 8.1%
  • Aqualung Titan or Cousteau (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Dacor Viper Family (Metal/Ice)

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Oceanic Delta, Zeta, Alpha, Omega or Gamma

Votes: 36 6.5%
  • SeacSub sorius family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cressisub Airtech-series

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Scubapro MK-series

Votes: 184 33.2%
  • Automic Z1

Votes: 22 4.0%
  • Genesis GS2000

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at a lot of regs in the price range and decided on the Aqua Lung Titan LX for two reasons. The local dive shop sells and services them, you can probably get an Aqua Lung Reg serviced anywhere in the world where they dive these days. And, Rodales rated it in the very top for its pricerange in their 'objective' poll.

Would have bought the Glacia if I had an extra $100, but didn't and I'll not be diving through the ice this winter anyway. So the Titan was the right reg at the time...

Forever? I doubt it.

Very simple design and delivers scads of air. As an example I had a recent dive where I was underweighted and lost a fin. The reg delivered all the air I could ask for while I was simultaneously trying to grab a rock and get my fin and signal by buddy. Cracking effort was a concern on my first couple of dives but with the addition of a long hose it breaths great. (almost like they designed it that way or something)

I had a Posiden, and loved it, but it got ripped off in Miami airport. With the ins. money I up-graded my computer to A.I.,
I down graded my reg to a SeaQuest XR2
..............I miss my Posiden ;-0 that was one reg I couldnt out breathe, this one works fine, but the Posiden was awesome:bonk:

Caymaniac

about your Poseidon... but i can help, I dont want you to dive that Seaquest anymore. Bring it to me and I will magicly transform it back into a Poseidon for you. It wont cost you that much either, just a little...

I've had a SCUBAPRO Mk-10/GS250/GS200 for 12 years and it has been great, but recently added a pony tank so bought an APEKS ATX-200 for my main and moved the SCUBAPRO to the pony tank.
SCUBAPRO didn't have a comparable environmentally sealed, balanced diaphragm.

Adding up the number of dives divide by cost brings the price per dive of my SCUBAPRO to under a buck a dive.
Yeah, it is a bit of rationalizing an expensive purchase.

Have 4 of the Oceanic Alpha 7/SP4's and love em. Inexpensive to....

Back
Top Bottom