New Big Regulator Poll 2003

Which reg do you use and are absolutely sure about you will use it for ever.

• Mares MR12 or MR22 family

Votes: 60 10.8%
  • Aqualung Legend series (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Apeks (A)TX-range: (A)TX40/50/100/200 or DS4

Votes: 156 28.2%
  • Poseidon Cyklon 300/5000 or Jetstream or even the Xstream

Votes: 45 8.1%
  • Aqualung Titan or Cousteau (LX/Supreme)

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Dacor Viper Family (Metal/Ice)

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Oceanic Delta, Zeta, Alpha, Omega or Gamma

Votes: 36 6.5%
  • SeacSub sorius family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cressisub Airtech-series

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Scubapro MK-series

Votes: 184 33.2%
  • Automic Z1

Votes: 22 4.0%
  • Genesis GS2000

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thethumper once bubbled...
Maybe there's a reason the Sewdish co named their regs after the god of the seas.

POSEIDON

I couldn't agree with you more. The day I get rid of my Odins is the day I quit diving. Or use a KM Superlite for everything.:D

I like mine b/c they are light. When I rented, the air volume delivered was never a problem but I always had a jaw ache afterwards! Also, some of the regulators tilted in my mouth and were difficult to hold on to. Probably was a combination of size/weight/mouthpiece.

astrl

I use a Mares MR 12 and the Orbiter for my primary . I use the Axis for my octo and it BLOWS. Nothing but problems with a leak and I bought it brand new and used it only about 15 times.

I am pretty sure it won't be "forever" just till I get enough money together to throw at something more advanced. But for now I am extremely pleased for the kind of dives I do on it. (ie. just recreational, nothing too complicated).

I dove with it to 116 feet with no problems with breathing .. always smooth. The only problems i have with it is that the primary hose is too short/too stiff and when i turn my head left it tends to push the reg out of my mouth.. annoying. Wierd, but the octo (also axis) has a long soft hose instead and works in any position (why they couldn't put the same type of hose on the primary ???)

I will try replacing it sooner or later. Also, on my last dive (over a week ago) in the gulf, in 61 degrees (i am spoiled by south florida, 61 degrees is 10 degrees lower from what is my lowest avergage water temp), not having enough thermal protection the first few minutes was pretty stresfull and I could feel that I was easilly overbreathing the reg. Just slowed down, relaxed and all was good for the 2 dives i did that day.

In short, for the money I paid for it is an excelent reg that should last me for a looong time before i decide on doing more chalenging dives :)

I currently have two Poseidon Cyklon 5000 (Metal) regs and one USD Arctic reg. The Poseidons are sweet performers at depth. Ever since purchasing the Cyklons I haven't used the Arctic, which is also a great regulator.

I have Mares MR12 with the proton 2nd and octo...:wink:

I do like it although during my shopping research heard good and bad comments about mares. I think is like everything in life...

bye
ivan

Great regs.

The RG2000 breathes easy, even down to 200 feet.

Very nice.

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom