New BC or more dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do it. There's no real downside to a single tank bpw. Of all the gear, we can argue about, bpw's ain't one of them. Discover scuba was the last time I used a floppy bcd. Expensive scuba pro one. Almost twice the cost of a bpw.

Dgx has the hot setup right now. I prefer offset wing hoses.

Make sure you're not overweighted, but I prefer enough weight to sink on my own, no having to freedive it at the surface.

To get a handle on bouyancy, I tried a few things. Got 40-100 feet to sink? Slow down early. Stop 20' from the bottom by adding air to the wing slowly, little puffs. The slower you stop, the better. Try to be in trim, kinda, before stopping. Empty your lungs some more to go down. Set your wing so you arent lung full, or lung empty. Comfortably in the middle of your breathing. Done right, you should never have to dump when setting your 1st bouyancy at depth, because you used little puffs in the wing, erring towards being negative.

My lungs are big. Once set, its unlikely ill adjust my wing more than once during my dive. Thats only if i find myself lungs empty and need to go further down. Or lungs full and having to fin up.

You might be simply adjusting it too often, or too much of an adjustment. Just little puffs.

When I end the dive, I always dump air and fin up slightly negative. Vertical, not in trim. Easy to dump. If I stop finning, I simply stop going up. Done right, the crotch strap does nothing. Because you're bouyant, your rig is negative. If you feel your rig riding up like a life jacket, somethings wrong,

Back
Top Bottom