Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justinshepa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am a new diver that recently got certified, I Am looking for a dive buddy, I have surfed all over in San Diego, so I am familiar with the ocean, but I am very new to diving and would like to practice skills, and dive in a safe manor that is within 18m I'm certified to, anyone else who is new and wants to dive, learn skills and explore would be perfect I imagine, I would be happy to dive with anyone though, I want to dive in La Jolla because its where I got certified, but if someone who knows another area wants to take me there I'm willing to go, so long as its within the open water cert limits, after 20-30 dives I will take advanced diver so I can go a tad deeper, and my long run goal this year is to be able to visit the Yukon eventually. If you are interested or have any questions let me know.

Maybe join one of the local dive clubs in San Diego?

- brett
Thanks ill check that out! I looked at the group on meetup but I wanted a dive buddy to go with seperate because I got gear different from what I got certified with and figure its gonna take a few trys to get it right, so I didnt want to hold a group back messing with that, but I figure it probably wont be as hard as I think to figure that out

Thanks ill check that out! I looked at the group on meetup but I wanted a dive buddy to go with seperate because I got gear different from what I got certified with and figure its gonna take a few trys to get it right, so I didnt want to hold a group back messing with that, but I figure it probably wont be as hard as I think to figure that out

Think of it more as a way to meet other people who are local and like to dive. It doesn't mean the whole group goes diving together all at the same time.

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom