Need some Coz hotel advice, pls.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeanies Waffle House and Plaza las Glorias: more places I have never stopped at. I tell ya, I get off the plane, take the sardine van to my hotel - of which I have used in recent years all in the same part of Melgar, get on the boat, get off the boat, take taxis to supper and airport. I know more about the peninsula than I do island sites.

So El Cantil Condominium is a Condo complex on Melgar, various owners & renters, south of Mega? I got off on the idea that it was a neighborhood. OMG LOOK! A site http://www.elcantilcondos.com/ with an address! Av. Melgar Entre 13 y 15 Ave. Hey I bet that means it's between 13th Ave and 15th Ave, huh? Oh, no - those are not close to the water. Ok, well - now I know what it is and about where. Now I see Chedrui on google maps if they go that right, altho that part is highly questionable.

Thanks - close enough.

Your close Don, next time you head south on Melgar, passing Mega on your left, just look Right, you may catch a glimpse of El Cantil. Otherwise, just stick you your plan, you have done well with it so far ! :)

El Cantil is very nice. Jed and I splurged this last trip and stayed in a 2 bedroom on the first floor (LCN was the unit number). We liked it but would not stay in that unit again. It was one of the units that was very private but in order to get to the pier, you had to take stairs to the beach, walk down a short flight of stairs then up a flight of stairs to the pool area then around the pool to the pier. Had a broken ankle this trip so the stairs were a killer for me. We would stay there again but choose a unit that opened to the pool area so getting to the pier would be easier. The property has a great pool and lounging area. Prima will deliver to the pool or your condo. Our unit had a hot tub that was nice to relax in at night and the view is incredible. Its walk to just about everything although we could not take advantage of it because of my ankle. Btravlin, a poster on this forum has a unit at El Cantil that looks to be located in a perfect spot, we will have to check that one out next time we stay at El Cantil.

El Cantil looks like a perfect location. Plus from the pictures, the balconies have the million dollar view. a bonus is Prima at the rooftop of which we have yet to eat at. Does anyone have any idea what the price range would be for a 2-3 week stay?

...an address! Av. Melgar Entre 13 y 15 Ave. Hey I bet that means it's between 13th Ave and 15th Ave, huh? Oh, no - those are not close to the water.

I think maybe you are still confused. Melgar is the main drag that runs right next to the water all the way through town and for some distance beyond. El Cantil is between Melgar and the water. I'm not sure about the avenue nomenclature, but the streets that run perpendicular to Melgar is what it is referencing. The odd numbers run east-west and are south of the square, and the even numbers run east-west and are north of the square. El Cantil is on Melgar, south of the square, between Melgar and the water, and between the intersections of 13th and 15th with Melgar. If El Cantil were any closer to the water, it would be in the water. :)

El Cantil looks like a perfect location. Plus from the pictures, the balconies have the million dollar view. a bonus is Prima at the rooftop of which we have yet to eat at. Does anyone have any idea what the price range would be for a 2-3 week stay?

We paid a bit over $1700 for a 2 bedroom unit for 8 days. It included breakfast at Primas from a limited menu. Some owners discount a little. Its perfect for a family or a group of friends. There are 3 and 4 bedroom units as well all with in suite bathrooms. As I said before, it was a splurge for us this past trip. Jed has been away from home since Christmas and we thought we deserved to live in the ritz for a week. Most times we stay with friends. It would be our first choice if we came back with our kids or some friends from home.

Judy, do the units come with maid service and usual hotel services & security? I guess I've only stayed at a rental condo once before in Florida, probly not very similar.

I guess this is something similar to renting a time-share from an owner who owns all of the weeks? :idk:
I think maybe you are still confused. Melgar is the main drag that runs right next to the water all the way through town and for some distance beyond. El Cantil is between Melgar and the water. I'm not sure about the avenue nomenclature, but the streets that run perpendicular to Melgar is what it is referencing. The odd numbers run east-west and are south of the square, and the even numbers run east-west and are north of the square. El Cantil is on Melgar, south of the square, between Melgar and the water, and between the intersections of 13th and 15th with Melgar. If El Cantil were any closer to the water, it would be in the water. :)
Gracias.png
I had just about deduced that; thanks for confirming. So it's about where I have indicated on this...?
Click: Coz.JPG

Judy, do the units come with maid service and usual hotel services & security? I guess I've only stayed at a rental condo once before in Florida, probly not very similar.

I guess this is something similar to renting a time-share from an owner who owns all of the weeks? :idk:

Gracias.png
I had just about deduced that; thanks for confirming. So it's about where I have indicated on this...?

We had daily maid service, just like a hotel. The security is top notch, our unit had an entrance from the street and there was a doorman there day and night. There are 2 property managers in the office. It was carnival week so it was pretty noisy and busy on parade nights. The unit had a phone for calls to the US, wireless, cable TV (never turned it on) , full kitchen, very comfortable beds, A/C and a killer view. When you think about splitting the cost with others, it really is a great deal. The dock is right out front and there are rinse tanks in several locations. We rented form Albert, who owns Prima and is the contact on the El Cantil website. He was great to work with. I think he might have been the developer of the project, not sure. He also has them listed on VRBO along with many owners who rent themselves. We will stay there again should we travel with friends from home.

Back
Top Bottom