Need some Coz hotel advice, pls.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When i changed dive ops (at their suggestion) they refused to give full refund for unused prepaid dives. I suggest you avoid that operation.
You had to pay in advance? Who are you diving with now?

Was it this outfit? http://emerald-dolphin.com/index.htm Have they used a number of other names? Their rates are easy to beat.

Yes, the Emerald Dolphin link is the same as the We-B-Divin-Cozumel website!

I'm from Dallas and We-B-Divin has a shop in Ft. Worth as well as the boat in Cozumel. I first met the owner when she was leading a group on Nekton liveaboard that I happened to be on. I ran into her at the Texas Dive Show in February and mentioned I was looking for a dive trip in March. She offered what seemed to be a really good deal and suggested I charge it to my credit card run through her Texas shop rather than pay cash in Mexico (credit card not accepted by Mexican op). It seemed like a good idea at the time, avoid international transaction fee, avoid poor exchange rate, avoid foreign exchange commission, not have to carry lots of cash, etc. I may yet get the full refund for dives not made but she is fighting me.

Diving now with Deep Blue Extended Range Divers. So far, much better!! And pay at the end, not upfront. I have also dived with Del Mar and had a good experience. Last year I had a poor experience with Caballito del Caribe and was so happy to find a CZM op with a local TX connection.

Last edited:

She offered what seemed to be a really good deal and suggested I charge it to my credit card run through her Texas shop rather than pay cash in Mexico (credit card not accepted by Mexican op).

??????? Sorry, something sounds like it's not right here.

I wasn't aware that Tony and Suzanne (Emerald Dolphin) had sold the operation!

Not unusual for reserved dives to be paid up front, at least a deposit - it's like that in most every dive destination I have been - especially if you have reserved spots. However, sorry you had a bad experience and glad you've found an op that you like!

I saw that. I was trying to remember some other name they may have used, but maybe not?
She offered what seemed to be a really good deal and suggested I charge it to my credit card run through her Texas shop rather than pay cash in Mexico (credit card not accepted by Mexican op). It seemed like a good idea at the time, avoid international transaction fee, avoid poor exchange rate, avoid foreign exchange commission, not have to carry lots of cash, etc. I may yet get the full refund for dives not made but she is fighting me.
Oh, I would want to close the sale too if I were in her position there. Those reasons don't really hold up well tho. Most Ops quote in USD so there is no exchange rate to worry about. You might get hit with rates and/or fees with credit cards, I dunno as I deal with cash discount negotiations. I paid my last two Ops in cash at the end of the trip altho deposits are understandable.

Based on your side of the story only, yeah - I'd want a prorated refund and would ask my bank to back me up. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Take a look at our video. We have a 2 bdrm condo that we picked because we are divers. It is located in El Cantil. Dive operators will pick you up right in front.
The one in your Sig at Casa Caribe Azul?

Where is El Cantil anyway? I've never really explored a lot of the island.

The one in your Sig at Casa Caribe Azul?

Where is El Cantil anyway? I've never really explored a lot of the island.

Don, El Cantil is adjacent to Cozumel Palace, diagonally north-west across from Chedraui.

Don, El Cantil is adjacent to Cozumel Palace, diagonally north-west across from Chedraui.
Two other places I've never stopped at. So it's in town, on the south side, on the channel?

Two other places I've never stopped at. So it's in town, on the south side, on the channel?

Coming south from the airport on Melgar, south of the Plaza Square, keep going on Melgar, Mega on your left, Jeanies Waffle House on your right, keep going a little bit, then El Cantil on your right, then Cozumel Palace on your right, Chedraui on your left. Boy, am I making it complicated or what ??? Sorry....:shocked2:

Yes. It's immediately next to the Cozumel Palace, which you used to know as the Plaza las Glorias.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom