Need some Coz hotel advice, pls.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back.We stayed at the Coral Princess....
I think this hotel has everything you are looking for. The Dive shop on premises is Pepe Scuba. They are a pretty decent operation I did 5 days of Diving and could not of been happier.
The views are to die for...
6.00 cab ride to town isnt bad.. Maybe a 30 min walk.
They have some good food and drinks not an AI.
Check out trip advisor. all excellant reviews.. I think you would like this place

Casa Mexicana is my hotel of choice when staying in town. First class accomodations, not too expensive, great breakfast buffet included in the room price, wifi in the rooms, right in the middle of the action. Sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Only potential problem is that some dive ops won't come up to town to pick you up. This means if you are diving with one of these ops that you will need to get a taxi down to the marina each morning and back after diving. Taxi fare is about $8 each way, so $16 per day for taxis. However, if you are taking taxis into town each evening for dinner it is a wash.

Rich Hagelin

In case anyone cares, I just thought I would let you know that I booked a room at Casa Mexicana after confirming my dive op would pick us up at the pier near there. Really all of the options seem good and I might try something different next time. Thank you all for your input, it was helpful.

By the way, the entertain200 and entertain50 are no longer valid.

How wonderful you booked your trip ! Plan, Pack and GO ! Please post a post-trip review if you get a chance. Not only do reviews give folks an opportunity to do some research for their upcoming trips, but it is also so nice to live vicariously through someone else for at least a quick fix until the next trip.

"We have in the past stayed at the big places south of town for no particular reason, but were thinking of staying in/close to town so we could walk around in the evenings, minimize taxi rides to our favorite restaurants, etc"

Have you thought about a condo as an option? This one is in a primo location.

Cozumel Island Vacation Rental - VRBO 135904 - 2 BR Quintana Roo Condo in Mexico, Direct Beach Access *** Five Star** Poolside & Oceanfront

Disclaimer---- It's Mine

By the way, the entertain200 and entertain50 are no longer valid.
They should be! Sometime you have to phone Orbitz for help but they are nice. :eyebrow:

Maybe Orbitz is in overload with everybody booking trips before the end of the month.

I booked a second trip before I've left on the first one. I think I might be one of those Coz-aholics.:confused:

My vote, considering value is the Bahia Suites. Big rooms, kitchenettes, steps to the dock. Back in the few years when I did not have a place of my own, that is where I stayed and I was never on a budget.
Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I am at Bahia now, second time in 9 months (2 weeks each trip). Inexpensive, basic, huge room, a/c, TV, great location 2 blocks from main plaza, fridge / microwave in room, free wifi in room, full cooked breakfast buffet (eggs/omelets made to order) one block away at sister hotel (they even have smoked salmon!), walking distance to Mega supermarket, elevator. I go for the least expensive room - view is of building wall next door, but quiet. I got a great package hotel/air deal from Travelocity (saved at least 25% over purchasing separately). Dive with Deep Blue and you only have to cross the street to the dock! Dive with Aqua Safari and you only have to walk 1 block to the other dock.

Note: Beware: This trip I had bad experience with We-B-Divin. Slow boat not as described in promotional materials. Dives below 80' discouraged, dives below 100' prohibited (even after telling me, in writing, deep dives permitted). When i changed dive ops (at their suggestion) they refused to give full refund for unused prepaid dives. I suggest you avoid that operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom