Need recommendations on water shoes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunshinecat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to scuba diving and am looking for recommendations on water shoes. I own the AquaLung Blades II Flex open heel fins. I already have dive booties but am looking for some water shoes that I can use in warmer water. Land's End has a good sale on their water shoes right now, but I'm not sure which one would be better for scuba fins. Can some more experienced divers give me some input? Here are the links:

Women's Mary Jane Water Shoes from Lands' End

Women's Water Shoes from Lands' End

I would not use either of those and probably not anything called "water shoes" in fins. There are all sorts of straps and junk in the way or digging into your feet, more likely to cause you problems then protect your feet. And the mesh parts make sense for "water shoes" but accomplish nothing useful in fins.

Why not wear your current booties? If you have thick booties that you don't want to wear in warm water, there are plenty of 3mm tropical low cut booties on the market that are much more suited to the purpose. And you can probably get some for less than those water shoes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom