Need advice for Cozumel dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also gave my housekeeper 1 peso a day

We are off to Coz soon and I am working out budgeting etc - this seems real low (about 10 cents??) to me? I know things are meant to be cheaper but if that isn't a typo it just seems stingy :06: What is the "usual" housekeeper tip/day?

alcina:
We are off to Coz soon and I am working out budgeting etc - this seems real low (about 10 cents??) to me? I know things are meant to be cheaper but if that isn't a typo it just seems stingy :06: What is the "usual" housekeeper tip/day?

I am sorry I meant ten peso's. sorry about that.

I've been to Coz quite a few times both as all-inclusive and not. I much prefer the all inclusive. My purpose is to dive and I just don't want the hassle of deciding where to eat and how to carry money all the time. You get up, eat, dive, eat,dive, eat etc....I go with the plan for included alcohol, even though I drink very little. Diving is often an included item.
I really liked Hotel Cozumel the last time I went. Good food, great diving.

what reason would Dive with Alison be good for ladies? I dive single and always end up with whoever as my buddy, so was thinking about using Dive with Alison based mostly on that comment, but I am looking around on the board to see other postings regarding this company. (RE: message by amadeusmattas)

Allison Finch:
I've been to Coz quite a few times both as all-inclusive and not. I much prefer the all inclusive. My purpose is to dive and I just don't want the hassle of deciding where to eat and how to carry money all the time. You get up, eat, dive, eat,dive, eat etc....I go with the plan for included alcohol, even though I drink very little. Diving is often an included item.
I really liked Hotel Cozumel the last time I went. Good food, great diving.

I agree. Even though the food isn't always great, and you don't get to see the sights if you don't leave, I don't care about that stuff. I care about diving, spending time with the hubby, laying on the chaise lounge and reading, and just being a dive bum. I also hate trying to find food after I am exhausted after a day of diving. I tried to convince my husband that we should stay at the Blu Caribe over Thanksgiving since I had heard so many great things about it, but we realized that he would be bored. He likes the pool volleyball, the ping-pong, and I like that I get time by myself when he does these things! We are staying at the Occidental over Thanksgiving and diving with Blue XTSea. So, again, think about what is important to you during adive vacation.

icyman:
I just checked from Houston its about 900 bucks with everything for 7 nights, so its about 100 bucks cheaper. Maybe I should relocate, then my trips to Cozumel would be cheaper.

We usually fly Fun Jet when we dont have air miles. I remember one time in August for two of us our air was $320.00 Hotel was around $45 a night We dont usually eat breakfast ( just a snack) as we do not like to dive on a full stomach. So for us the AI was not a good deal. Plus we dont drink that much which is good because diving and drinking dont mix anyway. We are going in November for a cyber dive and will be staying at the Villa Aldora and diving with Aldora, they are giving all the cyberdivers free rooms and we are flying on air miles this time. Should be a great trip.
Kathy

We stayed at the EL-Presidente(not the cheapest place by far) but if your looking for a dive outfit, I would highly recommend http://bluextseadiving.com/divepackages.htm

Raul is a GREAT divemaster, extremely patient, and our dive party of 6-10 had a fantastic time. We all had absolutely wonderfull dives. My only complaint would probably be the long surface intervals between dives(1.5-2 hours) on a 2 tank dive set in the morning, but I am thinking they are being extra cautious. They also picked us up at the hotel in the morning, and fed us goodies and fluids after each dive, then returned us to the hotel dock once the diving was over with. We had some great night dives as well with them.

scubacoz22:
We usually fly Fun Jet when we dont have air miles. I remember one time in August for two of us our air was $320.00 Hotel was around $45 a night We dont usually eat breakfast ( just a snack) as we do not like to dive on a full stomach. So for us the AI was not a good deal. Plus we dont drink that much which is good because diving and drinking dont mix anyway. We are going in November for a cyber dive and will be staying at the Villa Aldora and diving with Aldora, they are giving all the cyberdivers free rooms and we are flying on air miles this time. Should be a great trip.
Kathy

What is a cyber dive?

luvspoodles:
What is a cyber dive?

that comes to Cozumel every year around Thanksgiving and dive with Aldora...a dive club where the members meet and plan trips together online originally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom