http://www.diveheart.org/

My wife could use your prayers and good thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, been there... our thoughts are with you...
Latest news sounds encouraging...

Jim, glad to hear Denise is making improvements. Getting her extubated (tube out) is a big step. Sounds like she's on a venturi mask (venti mask) right now, which is normal for a recently extubated patient. Hopefully she comes home with you tomorrow. Hang in there. It can be frustrating to be in her position. Just be supportive.

Kimber, I don't understand why nurses do that crap! I always try to make my patients as comfortable as I can. I had a patient last night that was intubated with no sedation who was doing her own oral care! That was great, and why not. I always try to put myself in their place or to think of them as a family member and I treat them as I would want to be treated or as I would treat my own family. For some reason, most nurses just don't get it and do what it takes to make their jobs easier not realizing that a happy patient is an easy patient. :D

Good news Jim! I'm so sorry she's frustrated though. I'll be sending good vibes to come home tomorrow your way!

I always try to put myself in their place or to think of them as a family member and I treat them as I would want to be treated or as I would treat my own family. For some reason, most nurses just don't get it and do what it takes to make their jobs easier not realizing that a happy patient is an easy patient. :D

Same here...the greatest praise was when one of my bed ridden clients said "I love how you care for me!" to me....breaks my heart, because it is the care they deserve, not the care that is convenient for me that matters.

Nobody with any sense listens to my prayers, but I'll certainly keep you both in my thoughts.
I'm with DrBill on this. Best wishes to Denise in her recovery.

Jim -- as I told you in my email I'm so glad that she is doing better. We are all here supporting you! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kimber, I don't understand why nurses do that crap! I always try to make my patients as comfortable as I can. I had a patient last night that was intubated with no sedation who was doing her own oral care! That was great, and why not. I always try to put myself in their place or to think of them as a family member and I treat them as I would want to be treated or as I would treat my own family. For some reason, most nurses just don't get it and do what it takes to make their jobs easier not realizing that a happy patient is an easy patient. :D

Well Rob I wish you were my nurse! And as for being an easy patient -- I couldn't have been easier -- I was intubated so I couldn't yell -- and the only parts of my body I could move was my left hand at the wrist and my right leg. So I couldn't adjust the tv -- ring the call light -- I just had to lay there and wait for somebody to come in.

The nights were the scariest and eventually one of my friends figured out that nobody was staying with me at night so she stayed everynight after that while I was in the CCU.

Sorry about hijacking your thread Jim!

Jim, I hope everything is going OK. When you get some free time in the future please update us. I am still praying and thinking about you and your family.

TekDiveGirl, I always leave the TV or music playing in my patients rooms at night. I also leave a night light on. Even though they are sedated while on the vent I never want them to feel alone or scared. Sometimes I wonder if this is a comfort or if the noise is annoying.

Update: Denise is home!:D Still some recovery needed and getting back to her preop med levels but at least she's out of the hospital. Thanks to everyone, especially Kimber. It was great getting your call today. It was before we knew they'd let her go and it helped. Anyway gotta run. She needs a bath now. Says her hair feels like crap and a good washing is called for. I like this part as well:eyebrow:. Will fill in more details tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom