http://www.diveheart.org/

My wife could use your prayers and good thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there was something I could say to ease your hearts' ache I would..... so I will just pray, stay safe.

Lot of people praying for you both.

Oh Jim! I'm so sorry to hear this.....My thoughts and prayers go out to you and anything else I can help you with aloha, Lisa

Nobody with any sense listens to my prayers, but I'll certainly keep you both in my thoughts.

Hang in there, Jim. I'm an ICU nurse. Any kind of swelling in the throat is usually handled this way. It's better to have a guaranteed patent airway now than to have to make one later. Based on what you wrote, they did this as a precaution more than anything. And the sedation is for her comfort. It's not the best feeling to have a tube sticking in your lungs, especially with swelling in the area. Your both in my thoughts. Keep us updated.

I'm a ICU RN and Dive-aholic is right. It sounds like they intubated her to protect her airway. With the sedation she should be comfortable. Give her a few days for the swelling to decrease. Just remember that she may have a sore throat after the tube is removed. Try to get some rest during this time and remember that seeing all this equipment can be scary. Ask questions and have the nurses explain the alarms and different sounds you will hear. Sometimes we forget that the equipment and alarms can be very scary for the family to see. With the sedation she will not remember much and what she does remember will be hazy. Hang in there and my prayers are with you and your family.

Jim :hugs: more positive thoughts and prayers coming both your way now....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom