http://www.diveheart.org/

My wife could use your prayers and good thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts and prayers go out to your wife, you, and your entire family. I am glad that the ICU nurses shared their expertise with you. Maybe you can be relieved just a little bit with their information. We will be watching for your update.

....And the sedation is for her comfort. It's not the best feeling to have a tube sticking in your lungs,

I can attest to this. After my accident when I woke up from the coma the doctors were unsure if my body was going to be able to breathe on its own again so I spent 3 very long days fully conscious and aware on a ventilator. The worst part was the bite-guard - a hard plastic thing that keeps you from biting the tube.

On the second day one nurse took pity and said if I promised not to bite the tube she would take the bite guard out -- then the nurse on the next shift came in -- noticed it was out and promptly put another one back in!!! Ugh!

I just got an email from Jim -- he is at the hospital now and he will update me later with how Denise (and he) are holding up.

I'm home now. she is doing alot better. they took the tube out and she is breathing fine. They still have her on a face mask with moist air to ease her breathing. I told her she's good to 40-45 feet (I'll have to look it up later) cause they got her on 60%. She's doing advanced nitrox! She needs to rest her voice still. She does not like being there and does not like having to keep quiet. She got agitated a couple times and started to cry over not being understood, being stuck in the hospital, and just because. I got her settled down just as the nurse came in and kicked us out. SHe may get to come home tomorrow late afternoon or early evening if she behaves tonite. It was determined that the post anesthetic nausea and subsequent vomiting set this whole thing off. The stomach acids irritated the surgical site and caused them to get inflamed and make breathing difficult. ANyway keep your fingers crossed that tonite goes ok. We want her home.

Sounds like things are improving, glad to hear it.

I'm sure everybody that's aware is pulling for you and your wife.

You are a good man Jim.

Tobin

That's good to hear Jim

DB ... Praying for continuing improvement

Back
Top Bottom