My new Hyperstretch is better than my custom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris3536

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 7/5 Henderson Hyperstretch. I paid a little extra to have the arms and legs altered. It fits better than my 6.5mm Atlan custom John & Jacket! It cost me the same as my custom suit! The range of motion, the way it feels, it's great!

I should also explain that I am a big guy! (6ft tall, 300lbs! 50" waist) I have lost 50 lbs since February and my old suit doesn't fit any longer. I would like to lose more weight so the Hyperstretch should give me a couple of diving season until I have to buy another one! I am very happy with it! Nothing against the Atlan, but any time you can get a suit to fit better and drop a few lbs on the weight belt it is a plus! I highly recomend the Hyperstretch!

I was looking at the henderson hyperstretch suits while i was getting my tanks filled last week. That material really does stretch in all directions very nicely.

The material should allow for alot more flexibility than your standard neo, i would get one if i wasnt diving dry all the time.

Andy

I wear the 7/5 also, with a hooded vest...

Although I've only dived with it twice so far, I like it.

I'll get four more dives with it this weekend.

Cheers,

Sean

My wife has a 7/5 hyper. She loves it! But be careful with it it frayes (I can't spell very well) very very easily.

I wish they had a 3/2 version of the Hyperstretch. I need to replace my custom 3/2mm Atlan Largo 2-Piece! I really love this suit....alot of different diving options.

I still have my custom Atlan Hood but I am thinking about going to the Hyperstretch too! I just worry about my short neck. The custom helps, but is not absolutely perfect.....I just need to get in a shop and try it on.

Any word on the Hyperstretch zipperless boots? Thinking about purchasing them....any feedback?

Henderson Hyperstretch has go to be the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever owned by far. Me and my wife both have the 5mil fulls, the 3 mil short, and the 3 mil Aquasuedes (they dn't pull or fray much at all).:)

I just wish they weren't so blasted expensive.:(

chris3536 once bubbled...
I wish they had a 3/2 version of the Hyperstretch. I need to replace my custom 3/2mm Atlan Largo 2-Piece! I really love this suit....alot of different diving options.

I still have my custom Atlan Hood but I am thinking about going to the Hyperstretch too! I just worry about my short neck. The custom helps, but is not absolutely perfect.....I just need to get in a shop and try it on.

Any word on the Hyperstretch zipperless boots? Thinking about purchasing them....any feedback?

I think you will find the neck is much more comfortable than any other wetsuit. It's the main reason I switched from O'Neil.:mean:

The boots......

They are very good! I tuck them underneath the seals of semi-dry and they are wonderful. The sole on them is the same as a tennis shoe. (even has air pockets; like the old air jordons) Very comfortable, warm and toastie!

I was told by a salesman - so for what it's worth - even though the material frays, it doesn't impact the integrity of the suit or impact it's ability to keep you warm, it is just the soft outer layer... sales pitch or fact? Don't know.

Devils_advocate once bubbled...
My wife has a 7/5 hyper. She loves it! But be careful with it it frayes (I can't spell very well) very very easily.

I've been drooling over Henderson hyperstretch suits on Leisure Pro, does anyone know a LDS or retailer in the Santa Cruz/Monterey/ San Francisco area that carries Henderson suits so i can try one on before i impulsively buy online? The 2 closest LDS's don't carry them.

Back
Top Bottom