My new Hyperstretch is better than my custom!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hyperstretch 7mm - another vote here. Wonderfull suit. Last dive was in fresh water cavern in 55 degree water. Had 7mm with microprene underneath, 3mm henderson hyperstretch hood and 3.5mm gloves. Some of the guyes wearing drysuits weregetting cold but I was fine. Also use the 5mm boots. Very large. I wear a size 12 and can not get them in the foot pocket of my Volos. Can only wear them with my XXL Jets that have HUGE footpockets.

We'll see how it works in 45 degree water next weekend with some 15 minute deco stops! Think I'm going to want to finally order a dry suit.

I'd agree with your LDS on getting a Hyperstretch. The Semi Dry is basically a really good wetsuit with wrist, neck and ankle seals. The HS material does as good a job at restricting water flow as the semi dry. Add the HS hood, and you'll be about as well off as far as thermal protection, and in a whole different universe of comfort and flexibility. Semi Dry's with built in hoods are even more restrictive than a regular wetsuit.

The Aqua Suede is supposed to dry faster, and be more resistant to pilling. I don't think it's an option for you if you'll be diving in Michigan. I believe it only comes in 3mil thickness.

Speaking of HS, has anyone seen or tried the HS Microprene Skin? It supposed to fit under your suit like a skin, but keep you up to 30% warmer than the suit alone. I was thinking of picking one up, but would love to hear a review or two first.

Scott

chris3536:
I wish they had a 3/2 version of the Hyperstretch. I need to replace my custom 3/2mm Atlan Largo 2-Piece! I really love this suit....alot of different diving options.

I still have my custom Atlan Hood but I am thinking about going to the Hyperstretch too! I just worry about my short neck. The custom helps, but is not absolutely perfect.....I just need to get in a shop and try it on.

Any word on the Hyperstretch zipperless boots? Thinking about purchasing them....any feedback?

I think you will find that Henderson does make the 3mm version. Go to their web site. You may have to order it.

stevetgreene:
I've been drooling over Henderson hyperstretch suits on Leisure Pro, does anyone know a LDS or retailer in the Santa Cruz/Monterey/ San Francisco area that carries Henderson suits so i can try one on before i impulsively buy online? The 2 closest LDS's don't carry them.

I bought a 3mm Henderson Hyper-Stretch in March.
I've now used it only 3 times and all of the threads on the inside are coming apart. A friend suggested a burn all of the thread ends in order to prevent unravelling!!

Has anyone else had this problem?? Really disappointed with the quality due the fact I paid $250 US for this suit! Ya it had alot of stretch when I tried it on in the store, but I'm not at all happy with the quality.

ALSO FIND IT"S COLDER THAN MY LAST 3MM SUIT???

Can anyone recomend another brand?????

My wife has a 5 mm hyperstretch and it has pilled up a bit especially when she was having a problem with catching velcro on it, but we haven't seen any real quality flaws in it. From the people I have talked I have come to understand that the hyperstretch isn't quite as warm because the material compresses much moe at depth than regular neoprene, but I guess you hae to give a little warmth go get the easy entry and a good fit.

I know I've entered this thread late kind of late but you may also want to compare the Bare Hydrostretch suit also. I have the 3/2 mil and it has to be one of the most comfortadle suits I have tried. My past suits have always frayed right around the shoulders due to BC rub, 6 dives to date with this suit and no sign of wear yet. My 3/2 went for about $140 from my LDS.

10X:
I'm not sure what the difference is between the standard Hyperstretch and the Aqua Suede, but it appears to only be the exterior surface. For those of you that have one, I'd appreciate any comments on that.
Pulled this from the Henderson website:

AQUA SUEDE(TM) - Introducing Aqua Suede(tm) the latest innovation from Henderson. Aqua Suede is a “suede like” surface that is bonded to Titanium Hyperstretch®. Aqua Suede(tm) is hydrophobic, (so it will shed water fast and it will dry almost instantly). It is also extremely resistant to pilling and abrasion. Aqua Suede(tm) offers the tactile sensation of soft and supple suede with the comfort and performance properties you have come to expect from Titanium Hyperstretch®.

Hey guys
I've been diving an ex rental wetsuit that i picked up cheap last year, it'a 7mm farmer john style suit.All my diving is in Monterey in 50-55F water. Last few dives i have been freezing, so cold that i nearly called the dive. So i picked up a 7mm Henderson hyperstretch single piece this evening, which is so much more comfortable than what i was wearing it is scary! I also picked up a 7mm vest for under it. What i am wondering is, is the vest overkill? do i need it with the wetsuit? I'm just used to diving 14mm over my chest, but then the wetsuit i was diving was never great anyway. Any opinions? I Can still return the vest, but obvioulsy if i dive it i keep it...

Freedive,

I too have a Bare 3/2 suit that I think is great. Bare has a great size selection and the material is very stretchy. I got it on sale at my LDS for $129. It was a great investment.

Rickg

Back
Top Bottom