Wet Suit Slightly Small or Slightly Large

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are buying a 3 mm suit, it is probably going to be used in warm water. If the water is going to be cool, then he should get a 5 mm suit. So. if he is going to be diving in warm water, a somewhat leaky and loose suit will be much easier to put on and more comfortable, compared to something that is tight. That is how I look at is anyway.

I didn’t read all the responses, so apologies if this has been covered, but keep in mind that regular Thermoprene isn’t as stretchy as Thermoprene Pro. I have a regular Thermoprene, a Pro, and a Thermaxx. The Pro and Maxx suits are the same size and fit the same, but the regular Thermoprene is a size larger for the same fit.

A wetsuit where you are unable to fully expand your chest with minimal restriction may well drown you

IPE/IPO onset has been associated with wetsuits that are too small. I have first hand experience with that. Snug is okay; tight is a no no especially around the chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom