My first 3 tank boat dive tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure I have all the coffee places between Monterey and my house mapped out... oddly enough I sometimes bump into other diver friends there also

I've taken quick naps in a few parking lots also... :)

My power nap spot is the Target center in Gilroy...a 20 min nap and Starbucks, and I'm good all the way home.

I know divers are nice people but I have never been able to sleep in a public place.
It's just after 8 pm, I am going to pack up my car and go to bed. If lots of rest doesn't do it for me, maybe I'll skip the hockey game after.
I'll take Chuck's advice and bring a warm hat, I was planning on just taking a ball cap, but a warm one sounds better. I know the boat has hot water for putting down your suit, and I just got a new dive parka I need to try out and write a review of. That and 12 mm of wetsuit, I should be OK. I had some good carbs for dinner, will take meds before bed and again in the morning when I wake, and again when I get on the boat. That's the plan.
I'll let you all know how it goes, and how much fun I was able to have :)

I hope you have a great time diving tomorrow (I'm sure you will) and I'm looking forward to hearing your report when you get back. :D

Triptone and Dramamine are the same thing.

My power nap spot is the Target center in Gilroy...a 20 min nap and Starbucks, and I'm good all the way home.

I'm usually hitting the head and having coffee with my buddies at Barnes & Noble accross the parking lot from you :wink:

Not going to read the entire thread so this may be repeat info. Have you done three dives in a day before? If so, were you really tired afterwards? That might give you an indication of how you might feel. The depth of your dives and the degree of nitrogen loading will affect how you feel as well. Stay well hydrated.

As long as you aren't prone to seasickness, you'll probably come back with a big smile on your face! Enjoy!

POST DIVE REPORT:
Everything went great, did all three dives, didn't feel sick at all, even ate quite a bit during the day too.
Dive #1= PTP (some really big pinnacle)= max depth 97 ft, time 37 mins.
Dive #2= Butterfly House= max depth 82 ft, time 27 mins
Dive #3= Local's ledge= max depth 52 ft, time 32 mins.
Visibility was black-ish, especially below 40 ft, really couldn't see a whole lot but surge was minimal, water was pretty flat and murky, but I got wet and did 3 tanks, on air and in wetsuit. Pods of dolphins were out there on our way there and back, lots of them, on way out was probably a dozen, on the way back probably 50.
Hockey game tonight, gotta get my makeup on and hair dried. Diving again tomorrow at the met fields.
Night all!
Saw some yellow nudis and some cone jellies- so sea nettles

Now there's a Princess-Bride-worthy moniker!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom