My back surgery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry Pete, have you ever discussed your case with DAN regarding the PE(s) and return to diving? Why did you think your Eliquis duration was finished vs. what you heard today?

Sorry Pete, have you ever discussed your case with DAN regarding the PE(s) and return to diving?
Nope. That will change in the am.
Why did you think your Eliquis duration was finished vs. what you heard today?
Because that's what all the other docs have been telling me, including my hematologist at our last appt. I see her again next Wednesday. These clots are actually in the veins, not the lungs. Well, one doc said two months, and she said three "to be sure".

Her reasoning was that these were provoked, and not just arbitrary. Mind you, I had a cath 2 (3?) years ago, which showed no clots/embolisms or a need for any stents. The doctor was pretty happy with how clear everything was declaring I had the heart of a 40-year old. To which I replied that he wasn't getting it back! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. That was prompted by my GP hearing a slight murmur. They tested me for blockage in my leg veins via ultrasound and also tested me for PFO. I paid for a few months of his Porche.

I'm not out to fight my docs: I'm real interested in living. Diving has been my life for a long, long time, so I'm going to push back a bit if I have to. I'm not saying that this doc has a CYA attitude, but I'm going to be sure that he doesn't have one either.

Have a good discussion with DAN, maybe consultation with a local dive doc would be in order.

Pulmonary emboli are venous clots, often from the lower extremities, that break loose and are sent out into the lungs from the right side of the heart (like bubbles after diving). I don't know the details of your in-hospital procedure(s) nor the current status of the treatment of PEs. Lower extremity thrombi are often a complication of surgery/inactivity and pulmonary emboli are a complication.

Best of luck with your additional consultations.

You called?

What?????? I already asked about the rum!!!!!
Me thinks you found the rum before refreshing the thread... :wink:

So you know: I reached out to DAN with the contents of my post, asking them for their input. I give them full permission to post here whatever they feel like. Good, bad or indifferent. Will they? I don't know. I completely waive any HIPPA laws that might apply. In any event, I'll share what they feel is appropriate. They've pulled my butt out of the fire when I broke my leg in Fiji, and have earned my trust and undying devotion to the ends of my days. You don't have any idea of what it feels like to have such a devastating injury in a foreign country until it the unthinkable happens to you. Big shout out to Dan, aka @Moose, my best friend who worked with DAN to see I got the surgery I needed as well as a ride home. He's actually become an EMT in his old age. So, I owe a lot to DAN and to Dan.
What?????? I already asked about the rum!!!!!
Me thinks you found the rum before refreshing the thread... :wink:
But you didn't bring me any! I did find some Gin, but that ain't rum. Not even a close second. I'll wait patiently until you arrive. I do have extra rooms up here and you're always welcome.

Back
Top Bottom