Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does any one have a clue when it is to reopen?

The woman I talked to in the commissioners office said that constrcution wouldn't be complete until sometime this summer. But it would be open at some times depending on what phase of contruction they are in, but no guarentees.

Not the perfect answer, but it "might" be open some of the time.

As bugman pointed out, you can still dive the basin by swimming up the spring run and into the basin.

I am glad my family and I got to go dive Morrison when we did. We at least got to see the spring once in its natural beauty. I just hope they don't mess it up too badly.

Bothers me to see that pic of the crane out in the water and that they put their machinery out there floating around. I hope they don't dump their used oil et. al. into the spring.

I think it's ironic that they're calling it a "nature area" and then removing all of the nature from it. It was a nature area before. Now it's about as natural as silicone. May look pretty from a distance, but totally fake up close.

plus there's nowhere to stick a dollar :rofl3::rofl3:

well, so much for the practice dives my wife wanted to make there between now & summer.

Are you sure 68F isn't to cold for her? :wink:

I believe we could boat or surface swim to Morrison Springs. I think I read SBM said it's possible.

A boat would be overkill for the jaunt I have in mind, maybe 150 yards...

Are you sure 68F isn't to cold for her? :wink:

I believe we could boat or surface swim to Morrison Springs. I think I read SBM said it's possible.

she's good for one tank there, then she's cold. in a 5mm hyperstretch. I'm good for 2 or 3 tanks in an ancient 3/2.

Look at the facts SBers. Morrison is way to special of a place to remain that little out of the way dive spot where a hidden spring offers scuba dives free diving, unrestriced access and just a good place to have some fun. Too bad, but thats just not possible. Today its all about big $$$ and tourism in FLA. Just look at Panama City Beach Development; now there is some real quality planning that gone way out of control, what a mess! And then there is St. Joe Company building that major airport near PC, so the panhandle will soon become "discovered". Morrison is going to be a "state owned park" or should I say another tourist attraction? All we can hope is that scuba divers will be able to continue to dive the spring including its ballroom. Those of us who have had the opportunity to dive there in its natural condition are fortunate and really lucky. By the way can McDonalds and Holiday Inn be located on that road?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom