Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The boardwalk, where it is, will definately keep the erosion down while(if it doesn't penetrate any further) not looking awefull while viewing the spring basin.

On the other hand, if they don't make it any longer, the boardwalk won't even reach water when the water levels are down... LOL The recent floodlevel waters might have fooled them.

Testing the support load. :eyebrow:

I guess they've seen me with my camera gear and pony. :rofl3:

...On the other hand, if they don't make it any longer, the boardwalk won't even reach water when the water levels are down... LOL The recent floodlevel waters might have fooled them.

I wondered about their calculations for height and distance when I saw that picture. I wonder if the observation deck will float up and down with the water levels. If they build the height to current water levels, it will be a nice high dive for the local indigenous personnel. :D

I guess they've seen me with my camera gear and pony. :rofl3:

I think they had your cart in mind when building the boardwalk.... make it nice and easy to pull your gear down to the water in the cart! :rofl3:

I wondered about their calculations for height and distance when I saw that picture. I wonder if the observation deck will float up and down with the water levels. If they build the height to current water levels, it will be a nice high dive for the local indigenous personnel. :D

I can see it now.....

water is down really low and is an 8 foot plus drop off to the water.

Last words heard as 'local indegenous person' does a forward flip into the water only to land head first in water that is 12" deep, planting himself in the sand, is "Hey Ya'll, Watch this!"

I got some pictures of Morrison of Saturday. Here's a couple of the good ones. The boardwalk has started. Some palettes of grass were also brought in. THe smart folks didn't take into account the rising waters and left it too close to the water :shakehead: Grass aint cheap.

ew, and why do they need a boardwalk in the first place? Its now like anyone would be walking trough mud where its at, its all SAND!

and its gonna be hilarious when the water level drops!

ew, and why do they need a boardwalk in the first place? Its now like anyone would be walking trough mud where its at, its all SAND!

and its gonna be hilarious when the water level drops!

The so-called "erosion problem" :shakehead:

When the water level goes back down it'll probably be nearly 10ft from the boardwalk. Anyone up for a giant stride? :lotsalove:

I think everything they are doing will be better and more improved. You all may knock it now but, once it's done, you all will love it and forget about the way it used to be.

I think everything they are doing will be better and more improved. You all may knock it now but, once it's done, you all will love it and forget about the way it used to be.
I sincerely hope not. That would be even more sad than the way they're raping it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom