Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The big issue I have with Morrison is the fact that they are adding a boardwalk when access is absolutely simple via the existing beach. Sure, maybe for non-divers a boardwalk is friendly, but over the boil? Gross.

The 'meeting' that SeaYoda and I went to, we tried to tell them that we didn't need the boardwalk to get to the water. BUt they just kinda looked at us with a blank stare and then kept on talking about the boardwalk.

Hopefully people can go visit my news page for information about the plans for Morrisons Springs. News only a couple of dead trees in the middle will be removed and the new additional parking area was placed on the right before you went into the old gate and it was the pine trees that was bulldozed and not the cypress or old oak trees. I will try to shoot some video this weekend to give everyone an idea what is going on.

The only way I could see them putting the boardwalk across the boil would be to use a floating dock type deal. With the water going up and down there it would be just about impossible to put up pillars. Plus, I could see it now with pillars driven into the rock... a bunch of billies jumping on the the boardwalk above the boil and they collapse the cavern... then you have bunches of billies drowning because they're too drunk to swim!

If they do put the boardwalk over the boil, I think we should all start a fund to buy huge nets to extend from the sides of the boardwalk to catch all the beer cans...

So from looking at the below site layout diagram, it appears that:

1. there will still be some parking closer to the water
  2. the boardwalk runs down to the water/beach, then curls to the leff side of the basin and only a short ways into the water (but not over the boil)
  3. It still looks like there is a poorly laid out parking area and ramp running down to the beach area....? with diagonal parking pointing towards the basin, but only a small turn around area? seems poorly laid out (in my opinion)\
  4. The new parking area outside the old gate seems to be "overflow parking"
  5. I guess the building is a bathhouse... and not a pavilion? (not indcated)

So as long as they aren't putting the boardwalk over the boil, I guess we can deal with it. parking layout still looks poor on one side.

morrisonplan.jpg

So from looking at the below site layout diagram, it appears that:
  1. there will still be some parking closer to the water
  2. the boardwalk runs down to the water/beach, then curls to the leff side of the basin and only a short ways into the water (but not over the boil)
  3. It still looks like there is a poorly laid out parking area and ramp running down to the beach area....? with diagonal parking pointing towards the basin, but only a small turn around area? seems poorly laid out (in my opinion)\
  4. The new parking area outside the old gate seems to be "overflow parking"
  5. I guess the building is a bathhouse... and not a pavilion? (not indcated)

So as long as they aren't putting the boardwalk over the boil, I guess we can deal with it. parking layout still looks poor on one side.

morrisonplan.jpg
Thanks for that...
Could be worse.
Could be better... but could be a whole lot worse.
Rick

Yeah, outwardly, the basin won't be as pretty, but atleast the boardwalk won't be as obtrusive as once indicated(yuck!).

I could dive there without crying.

maybe the boardwalk just barely in the water will offer a good photo opportunity in those days that fog is coming off the water... early in the morning? (ok... I know it's not great... but something...)

I think it's ironic that they're calling it a "nature area" and then removing all of the nature from it. It was a nature area before. Now it's about as natural as silicone. May look pretty from a distance, but totally fake up close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom