Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently the locals read this thread...

Only from a boat, bummer. We're traveling through on another dive adventure and thought it would be fun to dive there. We were there in January 2008 when it was in its 'before' phase. Does anyone know if or when it will be finished and accessible to divers (and no- not the boat ramp area)?

Does anyone know if or when it will be finished and accessible to divers (and no- not the boat ramp area)?

432 post on this thread.. does it sound like anyone knows when it will open:confused::rofl3::rofl3:

I'm going with no.

Especially since, having had word from the people in charge, that for the past six months, it was always "three weeks" until it would be open, there's no telling, when it will be open.

My contention is that it will open the day after I win the Florida Lottery. I didn't win Wednesday so it was useless to try and go there today. I think now it has turned into a power play. But by the looks of the Choctawhatchee yesterday their "improvements" were moot. It's inconvenient to wade through waist deep water on the boardwalk to get to the floating pier. I just sat there yesterday and looked at the brown swilring waters of the mighty river and thought to myself. "Dang - I'm glad divers aren't going to be stirring up silt to damage the environmnet in the spring anymore."

I blame Vortex.

I am sure the people that own that spring have paid off the Walton officials to keep Morrison closed.

I am guessing with our free spot shut down, the one that charges is doing a bang up business...

:D

or,

you do know, in order to have a daughter, you first have to "be with" a woman. Something not likely to happen, while you're running around with other men, as they show you their caves, and you go about penetrating them...

Damn, that was really BRUTAL!

Your response and your use of emoticons certainly was helpful.

I couldn't help myself after 44 pages of BS on this subject.
I think we should start a Guess the opening date of Morrisons Game. Heck I will donate a prize to the winner. My guess is March 3. 2009

Back
Top Bottom