Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer flying...

"little tiny planes"

I like them all, little tiny, little, not so little.

I can't afford the larger variety yet.

I'm not sure if I'd call them planes, by any stretch of the imagination :D

The last one I saw him with, was assembled from popsicle sticks, a styrofoam togo box(surely from Sally's), and a motor he robbed from an electric toothbrush.

Last edited:
You should fly around the basin and take a few aerial shots. That would be neat to drop in from above the trees at the boat ramp and then come towards the dock and then zoom up above the trees. If you mount your camera facing the side you can simply circle the area and keep taking shots of the area instead of having to dive at it. My planes are much larger (10' wingspan)

Watch Video at RC Videos

give it a shot. We might find something interesting. I bet if the water is clear it would look amazing down into the spring.

I did that over at Vortex. Very clear water, amazing videos.

I was waiting for them to open, to take my little camera plane in there, now I just want the water levels to recede.

I don't ask for much, do I?

You should fly around the basin and take a few aerial shots. That would be neat to drop in from above the trees at the boat ramp and then come towards the dock and then zoom up above the trees. If you mount your camera facing the side you can simply circle the area and keep taking shots of the area instead of having to dive at it. My planes are much larger (10' wingspan)

Watch Video at RC Videos

give it a shot. We might find something interesting. I bet if the water is clear it would look amazing down into the spring.

Oh man, oh man, now that is just way to dang cool. Dangit guys I can't afford another expensive hobby. We actually have a RC airport right here in my area. I've got to go check them out. Thanks for the cool video.

Kenny

Bumping Mike's Question -

Was there toay and now it says "No Scuba Diving". What gives?

PHD...

does it say " No Scuba Diving" at the bottom of the sign in this pic?

That's new... (and a change from them above saying it was ok to dive from the boat ramp area)

yup, it says it.

If you think about it, it makes sense, if you have a "designated" diving area, and they're going to kick boaters out of the basin, it is only fair to kick the divers out of the boat launch area.

Who wants to have to worry about getting a scuba diver tangled in their prop?

Aside from this thread turning into an RC forum (which is kind of interesting in itself), I would like to find out the status of diving the main Morrison Springs. Does anyone now if/when it is open?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom