Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couldn't help myself after 44 pages of BS on this subject.
I think we should start a Guess the opening date of Morrisons Game. Heck I will donate a prize to the winner. My guess is March 3. 2009

Even better, start a new thread dedicated to the "contest"

I blame Vortex.

I am sure the people that own that spring have paid off the Walton officials to keep Morrison closed.

I am guessing with our free spot shut down, the one that charges is doing a bang up business...

:D

The above theory only works if it involves a grassy knoll, book depository and motorcades.

there's a knoll at Vortex...

and I have seen the line of traffic that's created by divers from the tri state area, heading to whatever available spring they can find.

Since now that's vortex, well, that is a considerable cash flow they would lose, once Morrison was opened again...

you've got me on the book depository, it's not like divers do that much reading.

there's a knoll at Vortex...

and I have seen the line of traffic that's created by divers from the tri state area, heading to whatever available spring they can find.

Since now that's vortex, well, that is a considerable cash flow they would lose, once Morrison was opened again...

you've got me on the book depository, it's not like divers do that much reading.

ahhh Inspector Clouseau, you forgot the many literary works of art in the Vortex store. Sounds like a book depository to me. All 3 criteria seemed to be satisfied.

So . . the conspiracy theory is plausible!

Even if Vortex had something to do with it (they don't). I've talked to the owners and they'd like to dive it as much as we do. There are divers that like to see the structure of a natural spring (Morrison) and there are divers that like to see things such as structure and swim-throughs like what's provided at Vortex. Plus Vortex also has the layout for cave training. Both Morrison and Vortex have their own niche. :D

Vortex profited from Morrison being open in some cases...

especially on gear rental, tank rentals and air fills as it was the closest spot to Morrison to get a fill from.

For example, I've met folks at Vortex before (so they could get tanks, etc) to go dive at Morrison.

Some folks who went to dive Morrison would also camp at Vortex and might dive there as well since they were already there....

ahhh Inspector Clouseau, you forgot the many literary works of art in the Vortex store. Sounds like a book depository to me. All 3 criteria seemed to be satisfied.

So . . the conspiracy theory is plausible!

woo hoo!

I have been vindicated!

Even if Vortex had something to do with it (they don't).

you've obviously been bought, how much did they pay for your soul?

Vortex profited from Morrison being open in some cases...

Mike, say it isn't so, please tell me they haven't gotten to you too!

Mike, say it isn't so, please tell me they haven't gotten to you too!

from what I've heard, vortex has improved itself from the past... but I haven't been in a while.

but they won't get me to ever get one of their rooms again.

that was the biggest dump rip-off of a room that I've ever been charged for. It stunk so bad that I thought I was going to have to burn everything I owned to get out the odor of the sanitizer they had in the room to cover up the mold/must smell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom