Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps, but that isn't anything concrete by any means.

From what I understand, they are only waiting on inspections or permits? The actual park is built, its ready to go... just paperwork.

Another quick question about Vortex. Can I put my kayak in at the boat ramp and paddle up to the spring and Dive?

Not Vortex, Morrison Springs:D

Yes, you can dive from a boat/kayak at Morrison.

Posted these in another Thread.... This is just an update.....

Just got back home (P-Cola) from Jax and I swung by Morrison to have a look see.... Yeup... Still closed to us.... In fact they have cleared up ANY misunderstandings WE, Divers, might have had. It's like they are reading our posts.

We talk about parking in the lot and walking to the water.... Sign is up saying

We then talk about entering the spring from the boat ramp.....but there is a posted sign about NO DIVING... we interpret that to mean jumping in and swimming NOT scuba Diving... well there is a new sign on the Ramp and it says... NO SCUBA DIVING!

They are plotting against us...

Oh well I'll go back to my movie....

Attachments

• Morrison Gate Dec 29 2008.jpg
    Morrison Gate Dec 29 2008.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Morrison Boat ramp Dec 29 2008.jpg
    Morrison Boat ramp Dec 29 2008.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 99

Just got back home (P-Cola) from Jax and I swung by Morrison to have a look see.... Yeup... Still closed to us.... In fact they have cleared up ANY misunderstandings WE, Divers, might have had. It's like they are reading our posts.

We then talk about entering the spring from the boat ramp.....but there is a posted sign about NO DIVING... we interpret that to mean jumping in and swimming NOT scuba Diving... well there is a new sign on the Ramp and it says... NO SCUBA DIVING!

Ok, did you edit out the NO on the front of that sign or did someone actually do it? :rofl3:

thats f'd up :comeandgetsome:

f'd up? not really.

the sign is in the boat ramp area.

it makes sense that they wouldn't want scuba divers in the area where people with spinning blades of death will be cutting up the water, and everything under it.

f'd up? not really.

the sign is in the boat ramp area.

it makes sense that they wouldn't want scuba divers in the area where people with spinning blades of death will be cutting up the water, and everything under it.

while I agree it's not the best idea to have divers where there are lots of spinning propeller blades,

I still don't think there is any law they can enforce to keep divers out of that area since it's a navigable waterway. (just like you can't keep people out of the other springs and run-offs).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom