Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning to go to Morrison's this weekend but heard it is closed. Any new information? It was an amazing place and it looks like they are trying to ruin it..

Still closed, according to a report on Tampa Diving, someone talked to a county official this past Monday and were told the late June opening date wouldn't be met. Likely new estimate is probably early August.

Thanks for the quick response. I will miss this great dive on the way to Panama City. Do you know if Vortex is in good shape?

Scott

Last time I was at Vortex, the water looked better than it had all last year. It's still Vortex, with classes and everything, but the water was nice (and the fill system is shiny :biggrin:).

Still closed, according to a report on Tampa Diving, someone talked to a county official this past Monday and were told the late June opening date wouldn't be met. Likely new estimate is probably early August.
That BITES!!!!

Thanks for the quick response. I will miss this great dive on the way to Panama City. Do you know if Vortex is in good shape?

Scott

Flows up at Vortex, jump in before, or after the crowds and its alotta fun.

exactly how bad is the dirt road indicated on page 17, and the scratching on the car

Remember they've done construction. Things are different and no one really knows how. Last time I was there, the dirt road wasn't bad and I don't recall my van getting scratched. And that was before the construction.

Oh, and the park is still closed.

My plans for Martha's had to be cancelled, so I thought about making plans to go south instead on the last weekend of the month. Any idea if Morrison's will be open by then?

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom