Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone else noticed that the dive platform has no steps so there is no way to get back out of the water from there? The only way we saw was to go to the bank and through the sand. We did a dive there late Friday afternoon by swimming from the boat launch and it was getting a bit dark so I might have missed something.

Its not too deep there, maybe 6'.

Exit is the same as before the monstrous park was put into place, walk up the beach :/

Has anyone else noticed that the dive platform has no steps so there is no way to get back out of the water from there? The only way we saw was to go to the bank and through the sand.

I noticed it in the pics.... (or noticed the lack of steps better to say)

the folks designing this project weren't thinking about everything from what I can tell.

Its not too deep there, maybe 6'.

Exit is the same as before the monstrous park was put into place, walk up the beach :/

Then it is useless for diving :shocked2:. You can't jump into 6' of water and you can't climb back from it.:shakehead:

Now, let's not be to quick to judge. You will be able to do a giant stride from the platform when the spring is flooded and blown out with no problem!:D

Bugman and I had a wonderful dive in Morrison a couple of years ago when the spring was flooded. Max depth was 5 feet, and dive time was 2 minutes...it was 15 minutes if you count gearing up, walking to the spring, and getting out..Good Times!:lotsalove:

Then it is useless for diving :shocked2:. You can't jump into 6' of water and you can't climb back from it.:shakehead:

I noticed it in the pics.... (or noticed the lack of steps better to say)

the folks designing this project weren't thinking about everything from what I can tell.

Maybe they haven't put them in yet, since it ISN'T OPEN YET!!!

Really, it's just a matter of bolting in a swim platform ladder, like on a boat.

Holy Crap!!!

How deep do you penetrate when you step into the water?

Those two silicone orbs on your chest should keep you more than buoyant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom