Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reworking the "scuba center" is an afternoon's work for a few divers with basic tools and a generator. It's not the end of the world. I think it's clear that it was done in good faith.

Suprbugman, I'd HATE to lose you in the woods.... In cave exploring, maybe. But hopelessly lost swamp stomping... no. :wink:

Reworking the "scuba center" is an afternoon's work for a few divers with basic tools and a generator. It's not the end of the world. I think it's clear that it was done in good faith.

Suprbugman, I'd HATE to lose you in the woods.... In cave exploring, maybe. But hopelessly lost swamp stomping... no. :wink:

The Scuba Center is proof that they are keeping divers in mind. They definatley are looking out for us, even if the design isn't perfect. It really wouldn't take much to fix it up, add a step on the bottom and build the back out further towards the end.

As for the woods... Lets just say we were very ill prepared for the hike. No compass, no GPS, just flipflops, shorts, no bug spray, and some very different ideas on which way we were heading and which way we needed to go. LOL! :D

I think that Mile_s's comment was meant at providing input about wants on what facilities to provide to us by the designers of the facility and when the suggestion was only half-way listened to. They provided tables...but the location wasn't listened to.

yeah.... when we first asked for gear tables, they looked at us what a "deer in the headlights look". So I was actually surprised to see the "scuba center"

If this site is used MORE than Vortex because of the cost then that Table WILL get crowded and I'd rather do like we have in the past.... Gear up at the car and HUMP it down to the water.... Kind of defeats the Table....

The way it is now... You drag all your gear and set up at the end of the boardwalk and then when your rig is ready, you get to walk back to your car to put your bag away... if the set up table was closer then it would SIMPLY be more convenient for us....

I think people will just leave gear bags on the docks... some folks will. the most won't screw with it and will gear up at the car and hump it to the water instead of making multiple trips to gear up at the 'scuba center'.

SupRBugMan:
As for the woods... Lets just say we were very ill prepared for the hike. No compass, no GPS, just flipflops, shorts, no bug spray, and some very different ideas on which way we were heading and which way we needed to go. LOL!

You didn't hear any banjo music out there did you? :rofl3:

images

Last edited:
I can't wait to get in the water there again...It is VERY appreciated to have improved facilities like this. I couldn't see much from the end of the dirt road and I would agree that it is going to be a challenge to have the area completed by July.. But I'm pulling for 'em!!!! :D

I went Free diving at Blue Springs a few years ago and it was a nice facility and most gear up at the car and hump it down to the waters edge with a nice entry and a little walk to the spring head.

We are VERY fortunate to have these natural resources at our finger tips, and over all we are going to have a nice area to use and enjoy nature.... and that place is DEEP in the woods! :) I lost a signal on my cell phone and all the radio channels had bango music... :wink: It's 10 miles from the interstate.

The number one question on my mind...did they build bathrooms? The Portopots could be a scary place sometimes!

Carolyn:sharks:

I agree about the bathrooms...hopefully those will be in the plans soon.

The number one question on my mind...did they build bathrooms? The Portopots could be a scary place sometimes!

I always looked at Morrison as a bathroom with a 90 million gallon per day flush. How can you improve on that?

I always looked at Morrison as a bathroom with a 90 million gallon per day flush. How can you improve on that?
Now that's an image I could have skipped tonight!
:11:
Rick

Back
Top Bottom