Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know my schedule :confused::shakehead: so I'm game for the re-opening dip in the pond if I'm free.

If anyone has anything negative to say about Walton County it would be me. However, when it comes to park projects and the environment I have to say it is a pretty good county. Instead of griping and complaining about environmental issues they work within the parameters.

Rednecks can be a problem but I enjoy messing with them. Again I have personal experience with that one and during a 4th of July weekend. The propery has only been open to the public-at-large for a relatively short time. I don't think many boats actually use the place for launching. The reality is the rednecks interfere with the area more than divers.

To clarify some points made many posts ago - yes I'm late to the party. The state purchased the land. The county has a management agreement with the state to manage the land. Florida has a very open public records law. If you have any questions or concerns make a public records request to the County or DEP - ask to see the contract with the contractor doing the work, ask to see the management plan (if you don't review at the documents in person, you will have to pay copying costs.)

Municipal Code Corporation has the Walton County Code on line. Go there to see the codes related to county parks and the use.

I realize that bashing government is an accepted practice in this country. However, all I ask is that you research and get all the facts before you bash. Right now in Florida government employees at all levels are afraid of budget cuts and losing their jobs. And the vast majority want serve the citizens.

As an example all 26 miles of Walton County beaches are certied as Blue Wave Beaches by the Clean Beach Council. When you compare the beach access in Walton County to other places in the state, they really are trying to give access to the beach.

And I will repeat if there is a person who has a bone to pick with Walton County it would be me. If you really want details (I guarantee you, you don't), send me a PM.

On a lighter note, depending on when the Grand reopening is, I will definitely pay for the gas to head that direction. (I only say "depending on when" because I have a trip to visit the folks the week of the Fourth.)

We can only hope things will be improved at Morrison. Unfortuantely, U CAN'T FIX STUPID!

I meant this in reference to the goofs (rednecks) that are rejects of humanity! :D

I think we can really have a great time at Morrison once again! Hopefully the walk from setup to the water will be a little shorter!

Carolyn:sharks:

Sounds great!! A grand re-opening party would be fantastic!!

I could think of several skulls I would like to crack with that skillet right about now..

Wow, Kira as emerged from the mighty South! Good to hear from you again. If we can get a dive together I hope you can make it....if you make the trip up to Morrison, maybe this time I will make the brownies.:D Okay, my wife will and I will just bring them!

If anyone has anything negative to say about Walton County it would be me. However, when it comes to park projects and the environment I have to say it is a pretty good county. Instead of griping and complaining about environmental issues they work within the parameters.

Wow, Kira as emerged from the mighty South! Good to hear from you again. If we can get a dive together I hope you can make it....if you make the trip up to Morrison, maybe this time I will make the brownies.:D Okay, my wife will and I will just bring them!

I was hoping to get up there this weekend to go to either of the Jetties. The tide times aren't very cooperative though. I wouldn't make in time for Saturday and would have to leave before Monday's. I was hoping for morning times. :(

I can still make the brownies. They'll just travel a bit.

I made reservations for the fourth weekend at Vortex. I would like to do Morrison and Cypress that weekend. I think that if Morrison opens it will be crowded but I don't care.

I wonder what they will charge us for the pleasure..

I made reservations for the fourth weekend at Vortex. I would like to do Morrison and Cypress that weekend. I think that if Morrison opens it will be crowded but I don't care.

I wonder what they will charge us for the pleasure..

They told me it's a free park. We'll see if that changes :D

Back
Top Bottom